Roast my ride. Rules in first post

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Roast my ride. Rules in first post
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 16:50 Quote
adm750 wrote:
splayleg wrote:
iiman wrote:

As promised, my daily A to B bike, which I found in the street and spent whooping £30 to restore.
Be gentle, I'm injured
Probably the most desperate bike lock in the tri-country region

lol but probably the most reliable bike in this entire thread Blank Stare

Reliably total and utter shit maybe...

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 22:34 Quote
photo

newbermuda wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
I can see from the grip and the saddle all that I need to know on how the bike handles. Well, with a bike that heavy at least you can't go fast so crashes must not be a big deal.

side note, i will never buy those ESIs again. had them three weeks and they're already trashed Madder

Yeeaaahhhh, I run ESI grips for months. I think your issue is more to do with rider error.
Pro tip, try to keep your bike upright and under you rather than in the ditch.

Its hard to roast such a boring rig, you got something against colour or something? What were you going for, the "vanilla" of bikes? Its like you told the bike shop to make sure absolutely nothing stands out about it.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
Lynskey bootleg

My last roast was weak so I feel obliged to throw another one on the pyre.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
2001 called and wants it's XC bike back. Lynskey still in business or did you find that turd in the dump?? I hope you didn't give them money on purpose.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
Lynsky? Isn’t that a litespeed/Kona etc frame? What happened to the twisted square down tube?

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 14:27 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Lynsky? Isn’t that a litespeed/Kona etc frame? What happened to the twisted square down tube?

I couldn't afford it Wink

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
Damn did you willingly buy a lynskey? you must be at least one of two kinds of people; over 60 years old or a total idiot. What a waste of spec on a frame that can only be described as a metallic wet noodle. A frame made out of crushed soda cans welded together would still be better than that.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 17:14 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Damn did you willingly buy a lynskey? you must be at least one of two kinds of people; over 60 years old or a total idiot. What a waste of spec on a frame that can only be described as a metallic wet noodle. A frame made out of crushed soda cans welded together would still be better than that.

You forgot to mention the other lynskey owner:
Daddy gave it to me when he bought his A.) Niner B.) Pivot C.) upgraded to a gravel grinder....

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 18:30 Quote
It’s like those bike parts are relegated to an artificial hip

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 19:09 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

You forgot to mention the other lynskey owner:
Daddy gave it to me when he bought his A.) Niner B.) Pivot C.) upgraded to a gravel grinder....

Ah yes, the 13 year old stick-legged kid at the xc race on his dad's old bike. "my pops just got a sweet new Cannondale Lefty"

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
photo

Putting my wife's beer cruiser up for the cause. I miss this thread. This bike is from a time when entry level specialized bikes came with double butted cromoly tubesets!

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
why even bother with a lock?

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 22:58 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
why even bother with a lock?
Makes it more desirable to thieves for that sweet insurance pay out.

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 2:35 Quote
Isn’t that rack worth twice as much as the ride? Maybe that’s what the lock is for.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013864
Mobile Version of Website