Difference between forks on the Mission 1, 2, and Pro?

PB Forum :: Diamondback
Difference between forks on the Mission 1, 2, and Pro?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2016 at 4:25 Quote
Can someone explain to me the differences/advantages on the FOX forks for the three Missions?

Posted: Feb 18, 2016 at 22:35 Quote
lardo5150 wrote:
Can someone explain to me the differences/advantages on the FOX forks for the three Missions?

According to the website the Mission 1 has a Fox 34 Float while the Mission 2 and Mission Pro have the Fox 36 Float. Both are 160mm travel. The Fox 36 has larger diameter stanchions that make it more beefy/rigid and handles the really rough stuff better than the Fox 34 can. The Fox 34 is lighter and less expensive, but less capable.

Posted: Feb 19, 2016 at 14:09 Quote
I have the 2016 Mission Pro, It comes with the Fox Factory Float 36 fork with the fit cartridge. Basically it has more options for tuning how the fork responds. You have an adjustment for High and Low speed compression, and High and Low speed rebound. It also comes standard with Fox's Kashima coat on the stanchions.

A buddy of mine has the new Mission 2, still a Fox 36, but not the Factory. It offers a more simplistic adjustment on the way the fork responds, with a 3 position level, and lacks the kashima coat.

Posted: Feb 20, 2016 at 3:34 Quote
I forgot to consider the Factory vs Performance model differences, thanks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007800
Mobile Version of Website