Rockshox Pike RC SA 150mm - Stiff!

PB Forum :: SRAM
Rockshox Pike RC SA 150mm - Stiff!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2016 at 4:27 Quote
Only rode my new Bronson for 3 months and the forks are super stiff even without tokens and only 40PSI, im not the lightest and should be running 80-85PSI. even with the air let out completely the shock does not contract and remains stiff! Negative air chamber issue i would assume.

I have tried all manner of things but it looks like SRAM wat it back under warranty, anyone had them in before and know how long the turn around usually is?

I bought the bike from a German website and SRAM UK apparently want nothing to do with it, so it is off to Germany!

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
Same issue with mine I sent it to my local bike shop for full rebuild and seal overhaul. Worst fork I've had I'm Salling it after overhaul for a fox 36

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 14:39 Quote
The RC basically has the high speed ports on the compression piston permanently shut, because this allows you to have a lockout when you crank the knob on the top of the stanchion.

But if you're running that little air, odds are you have an air spring problem, either air leaking into the lowers, or the negative spring not charging. if you're mechanically inclined, drop the lowers, pull the air shaft, check the equalization divot to make sure it isn't clogged, & swap out the o-ring on the seal head.

You can also use a zip tie through the dust seal to "burp" the lowers.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 14:54 Quote
Thanks! Ya ill try that

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
I've got a 2016 pike that I just serviced for the first time. It was a fantastic fork until the service. Now it won't get full travel and does just as described above...stiff like I'm running all kinds of air pressure. Burping will fix it for a few minutes, but then it goes Right back to how it was before I've ridden very far. I've serviced dozens of forks, but never a pike. The air spring side isn't much different than any other air spring I've serviced...rebas, revelations, recons... What could I have done to it during the service?

Thanks for any help...

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 6:48 Quote
Sounds like a bad o-ring or debris where the seal sits. you're gonna have to drop the lowers again & pull the air seal.

Make sure the shaft seal is in good shape as well.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032499
Mobile Version of Website