Sexiest Trail bike.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Trail bike.
Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 13:59 Quote
seraph wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
That is true but why do I have 4" of post showing on my dh bike??? And have no trouble on steep trails.

Because we all have different riding styles? I come from a BMX background and I like to pull the bike up pretty far when I go off jumps. I like as much clearance over the saddle as possible.

I found tucking to the side really helped in situations like this. Can't do it on every jump, but it's pretty versatile.

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 18:06 Quote
sherbet wrote:
seraph wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
That is true but why do I have 4" of post showing on my dh bike??? And have no trouble on steep trails.

Because we all have different riding styles? I come from a BMX background and I like to pull the bike up pretty far when I go off jumps. I like as much clearance over the saddle as possible.

I found tucking to the side really helped in situations like this. Can't do it on every jump, but it's pretty versatile.

I'll give it a shot next time I brave the cold to ride MTB.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2018 at 19:22 Quote
Had an argument with a dude on Reddit about bike fit and sliding saddles forward. He appeared be to a roadie with a bike-fit background, but when I suggested to another user about the idea of sizing up and adjusting fit with stem length and saddle position this other dude just about shit his pants. "Riders shouldn't do that as it ruins efficiency, saddle position should be determined by precise measurements of the rider's body and the bike should be fit around that parameters."

I was like "welp, it's a good thing BMX riders, DH riders, and even now some WC XC racers who are pushing those saddles forward don't give a damn about "measurements" and "absolute efficiency" and instead just run what feels good."

I personally hated how back in the day I either was sliding the seat so far back or running a setback seatpost that my seated climbing was jacked, or I had to run huge stems to feel comfortable. These days, I always size up.

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 5:36 Quote
Up periscope

https://www.instagram.com/p/BecfJAPllPb/

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 5:55 Quote
Evil Following

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeKoYBEjK2C/

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Up periscope

https://www.instagram.com/p/BecfJAPllPb/

photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Evil Following

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeKoYBEjK2C/

photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 8:08 Quote
soon. i will have evil in my life.

thought that yeti was a yt for second.

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 9:20 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
thanks seraph tup

I got you fam Salute

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Had an argument with a dude on Reddit about bike fit and sliding saddles forward. He appeared be to a roadie with a bike-fit background, but when I suggested to another user about the idea of sizing up and adjusting fit with stem length and saddle position this other dude just about shit his pants. "Riders shouldn't do that as it ruins efficiency, saddle position should be determined by precise measurements of the rider's body and the bike should be fit around that parameters."

I was like "welp, it's a good thing BMX riders, DH riders, and even now some WC XC racers who are pushing those saddles forward don't give a damn about "measurements" and "absolute efficiency" and instead just run what feels good."

I personally hated how back in the day I either was sliding the seat so far back or running a setback seatpost that my seated climbing was jacked, or I had to run huge stems to feel comfortable. These days, I always size up.

BMX riders haven't used seats with fore/aft adjustment since maybe 2009

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 11:08 Quote
crs-one wrote:
PHeller wrote:

BMX riders haven't used seats with fore/aft adjustment since maybe 2009

Street/dirt with Pivotal saddles, yes. But a lot of riders are still on a railed saddle.

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 11:53 Quote
PHeller wrote:

The thing with road rider fitment is that they do their measurments with no hills in mind. They sit down on flat bits and stand up to ride uphill.
Mountainbikers sit riding uphill way more. And that 'classic' road fitment puts your ass way too far back. So riding uphill sat down ends up being very inefficient. That's why steep ST angles and/or sliding your seat forward makes absolute sense.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014224
Mobile Version of Website