Sexiest Trail bike.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Trail bike.
Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
fredro wrote:
I may sound shallow, but aesthetics are high on my factor list. There’s enough brands to have a great riding bike AND it looks good. No more “it’s not pretty, but it rides great”! I need both.

100% there with you on that one. You can easily have both these days without compromise.

Took an age to get to this point, but yes, it’s here and we are spoilt for choice

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
JovialLich wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
JovialLich wrote:

What bike would you cite as an example of most progressive/current? Thanks.

That Scott frame, while not atrocious in its geo, isn’t amazing. That frame was released 2017 / 2018, which is really pretty long in the tooth at this point.

The Scott *Genius* with it's 75˚ seat tube angle seems like a modern (enough) geo option.

The Genius is better, but the Spark has a ways to go IMO.

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
seraph wrote:
The Genius is better, but the Spark has a ways to go IMO.

I can't wait for the updated Spark. Scott is really good at making light bikes, perhaps we can have an Epic Evo competitor.

Posted: Dec 22, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
Man, between AXS and the integrated bar & stem mounted on that monotone frame, this thing just looks epically clean to me. Love it. I would lose the rim decals, but other than that...

photo

Posted: Dec 22, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
Man I still can't get on with the aesthetics on those Syncros bars. I like the idea but they look like a hammerhead shark.

Posted: Dec 22, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
seraph wrote:
Man I still can't get on with the aesthetics on those Syncros bars. I like the idea but they look like a hammerhead shark.

I can certainly see why and I initially felt the same way, but it’s reeeeeally grown on me now. Separate bar and stems seems kind of theoretically archaic in comparison, like 1990s forks with the arch bolted on.

My big thing is I’m picky about my setup and tend to roll my bars forward a bit, so that makes this likely a non-starter for me. Perhaps it will go main-stream eventually though and will see options with different bar rolls offered.

Posted: Dec 22, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
I mainly like being able to bling out my cockpit with colored titanium bolts and no faceplate means no visible bolts. Plus I love my 50mm rise Enve bars.

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 3:43 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
seraph wrote:

I can certainly see why and I initially felt the same way, but it’s reeeeeally grown on me now. Separate bar and stems seems kind of theoretically archaic in comparison, like 1990s forks with the arch bolted on.

I am a big fan,likewise,mixed emotions at first,but they make sense on every level to me
now.

Elegant,sleek and light.The bike above is a prime example of where we’re heading.
Welcoming change when it’s this good. Between all the regulars on PB,we have seen and owned every bar/stem combo imaginable, but nothing compares to the potential of what lies just moments ahead.

Do prefer seeing “the whole bike” without instantly being detracted by the components that adorn it.

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
Anybody know how those painted white logos on some rims come off? My NS rims have non-sticker logo on them and they are a bit much.

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
Try acetone on paper towel. I've that scrub logos off Spank rims without affecting the ano underneath. Might not work, but definitely won't make things worse.

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 17:09 Quote
As far as rims with stickers go, never try to peel them off on a cold day. What a pain in the ass.
Also a hair dryer or a carefully used heat gun can really make the job a lot easier.

Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
I used Jasco for the white painted rim decals on my old Easton wheels. Worked well. The rim itself was anodized so the black finish didn't come off chemically.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
photo
What do you guys think of the build?

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
I love it aside from mulleting it makes it look pretty wonky.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 1:46 Quote
I love it! I don't mind the mullet! I would consider one of these but im concerned the reach on XL is a little short.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014986
Mobile Version of Website