Sexiest Trail bike.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Trail bike.
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
I can't stop looking at it. So nice. Perfect Ontario bike

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
Those raw ti cranks look dope with the silver frame.

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 23:58 Quote
seraph wrote:
Those raw ti cranks look dope with the silver frame.

Spot on

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 17:39 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
Another Spur for ya.

That's dope! Where can I get a sticker like that? I want to get one for my race bike.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

That's dope! Where can I get a sticker like that? I want to get one for my race bike.

DM me, and I can sort you out.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
Change of wheels on the Spur.

Now using Onyx Classic in Patina Copper, which ties perfectly to both frame color and the copper/bourbon parts - they change from copper to that teal copper patina with change in viewing angle.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
I like Onyx hubs in theory but I still can't get over how insanely heavy they are. Even the Vespers are 1.5x or more heavier than a regular MTB hubs. Eek

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
seraph wrote:
I like Onyx hubs in theory but I still can't get over how insanely heavy they are. Even the Vespers are 1.5x or more heavier than a regular MTB hubs. Eek

They are in the same range, within a few grams, of Chris King. Classic with alloy freehubs are just slightly heavier than Vespers, but otherwise superior IMHO. Super low drag, silence, and instant pickup outstrip the added weight for me. I have Onyx on all my bikes right now - my Spur (XC), my Spitfire (AM), Monk (DJ), and Libre (Gravel). I can't get enough =P

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
seraph wrote:

They are in the same range, within a few grams, of Chris King. Classic with alloy freehubs are just slightly heavier than Vespers, but otherwise superior IMHO. Super low drag, silence, and instant pickup outstrip the added weight for me. I have Onyx on all my bikes right now - my Spur (XC), my Spitfire (AM), Monk (DJ), and Libre (Gravel). I can't get enough =P

No one in their right mind has ever said that Chris King hubs are light. No one buys CK hubs for lightweight wheel builds.

I am addicted to Tune hubs. I have the KillHill and ClimbHill hubs on my Top Fuel Evo. 124g for the front hub and 231g for the rear. The Vesper is listed at 371g for the rear and the classic Onyx hub is listed at 448g. 140g (0.3 lbs) and 217g (.47 lbs) weight differences, respectively. I definitely wasn't trying to save weight with my Evo build but purple hubs with endurance bearings were too good to pass up.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
seraph wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
seraph wrote:

No one in their right mind has ever said that Chris King hubs are light. No one buys CK hubs for lightweight wheel builds.

I am addicted to Tune hubs. I have the KillHill and ClimbHill hubs on my Top Fuel Evo. 124g for the front hub and 231g for the rear. The Vesper is listed at 371g for the rear and the classic Onyx hub is listed at 448g. 140g (0.3 lbs) and 217g (.47 lbs) weight differences, respectively. I definitely wasn't trying to save weight with my Evo build but purple hubs with endurance bearings were too good to pass up.

You are not wrong. No one buys King for their weight, but people seem to complain much more about Onyx than King, and they are in the same ballpark, or were, when they did 6 bolt, as far as I recall.

Claimed weight and actual weight is definitely a little different.
On the scale, rear Vesper in 148/6 bolt/XD/ano finish = 408g while Classic in 148/6 bolt/XD (alloy, not steel)/ano finish is 420g.

Tune hubs are nice. But I'll stick with my portly Onyx hubs all the same.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
‘Sorted’ is the word. Looks fantastic.
Another classy build tup

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
Rear Chris King is sub 300. I wouldn't say 120g difference puts them in the same weight range.

Bike's hot, that's all that counts here.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014214
Mobile Version of Website