Sexiest Trail bike.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Trail bike.
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
Absolutely. Just a personal block keeping me from using Onyx hubs. Also I like my hubs loud lol

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
Just because I am anal, I have a rear King here - boost/6 bolt/XD/ceramic bearings - on the scale, it is 362g. Steel bearings would be a touch heavier.

Not so far off from the Vespers.

And thanks!

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
I really dig the way the purple hubs on my wheel bring out purple as a dominant shade on the oil slick AXS cassette though. I had originally intended to build my next bike with a green/bronze color scheme but oil slick constantly calls my name.

Rear wheel all built up while I wait for the fork and seatpost to come from SRAM. Tune ClimbHill Boost hub SRAM XG-1299 10-50 cassette SwissStop Catalyst 180mm rotor DT Comp Race spokes DT ProLock brass nipples SC Reserve 30 rim E.13 TRS 2.4 tire.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
Just because I am anal, I have a rear King here - boost/6 bolt/XD/ceramic bearings - on the scale, it is 362g. Steel bearings would be a touch heavier.

Not so far off from the Vespers.

And thanks!

So what's going on here?

photo

Steel bearing, 148mm boost, XD, centerlock. We talking that much difference between 6 bolt and CL?

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:22 Quote
Black ano weighs less obviously.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
Nothing to do with hub finish, I assure you.

Yes, that much difference between the 6-bold and CL versions.

photo

CL vespers would be lighter again, same as the King's.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
Maybe the hubshell redesign dropped a bunch.

Fwiw weight is second to culture to me, and that spur is Hella cultured. I'd normally get shitty about posting your own bike, but Jesus that's special.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
Nothing to do with hub finish, I assure you.

Yes, that much difference between the 6-bold and CL versions.

photo

Dang son. Massive.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
I really wish that Absolute Black had updated their hub design to accommodate Boost MTB standard. They have the sexiest hub design IMO.

photo

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Fwiw weight is second to culture to me, and that spur is Hella cultured. I'd normally get shitty about posting your own bike, but Jesus that's special.

I appreciate you.

I don't put much stress on hub weight, myself. It hardly affects how a wheel handles if at all - weight at the center of thr wheel means a lot less than weight at the rim, as I am sure you guys are well aware. In terms of unsprung mass impact on suspension, I just don't notice, or I don't care enough to notice.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
seraph wrote:
I really wish that Absolute Black had updated their hub design to accommodate Boost MTB standard. They have the sexiest hub design IMO.

photo

Were the internals any good?

They remind me of ring pops.

photo

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 14:49 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
seraph wrote:

photo

Were the internals any good?

They remind me of ring pops.

photo

IIRC It used magnets to push the pawls against each other, kinda like the Zipp hubs.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 15:46 Quote
sherbet wrote:

They also redesigned the axle and bearing system I think.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
And now I want a ring pop!!

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 16:46 Quote
crs-one wrote:
sherbet wrote:

They also redesigned the axle and bearing system I think.

I believe that is correct.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015296
Mobile Version of Website