Technique for Jumps

PB Forum :: Beginners
Technique for Jumps
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 5:39 Quote
I can land small drops by doing manuals but if the drop is more than 3 feet my feet get off the pedals (same during the jumps) what should I do, what is the correct technique?

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 10:12 Quote
Make sure that you aren't jumping or pushing off of your pedals; you should be scooping them up with you. I'd suggest that you try to practice lifting your rear wheel off of the ground without using your front break. You do this by pointing your toes downward and scooping upwards with your feet while shifting your weight forward. If you can manage to figure this out you should be able to use a similar technique to keep your feet in contact with the pedals while in the air, although you won't usually need to pull up on them as hard.

It is tough to help, as I don't know what exactly is going on but I would start there and see if it helps

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 11:57 Quote
nakos wrote:
Make sure that you aren't jumping or pushing off of your pedals; you should be scooping them up with you. I'd suggest that you try to practice lifting your rear wheel off of the ground without using your front break. You do this by pointing your toes downward and scooping upwards with your feet while shifting your weight forward. If you can manage to figure this out you should be able to use a similar technique to keep your feet in contact with the pedals while in the air, although you won't usually need to pull up on them as hard.

It is tough to help, as I don't know what exactly is going on but I would start there and see if it helps

Similar to a bunny hop?

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 12:09 Quote
Yeah. It is very much like an American bunny hop

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 19:42 Quote
nakos wrote:
Yeah. It is very much like an American bunny hop

Thanks a lot! Will try this weekend!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019393
Mobile Version of Website