Fox X2 Squelching

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 12:17 Quote
Does anyone have an X2 that squelches when it has been stood for a while? Once it has been compressed a few times it is fine, however, when it has been stood it makes this noise. Any help?

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 22:44 Quote
My son has one on his Enduro and we've never heard that ?! Pop the air can off and see if it is dry? Sounds like damping though? I might send it in to Fox as you don't want to wreck it. Best shock made. Period.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 23:01 Quote
Yeah so its been back a couple of times already. They say it could potentially be the way its mounted to the nomad. Something to do with fluid pooling around the negative air spring. Im not technically minded so it all goes over my head. Anyone got a Nomad and had the same issue?

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 8:35 Quote
Fox told you that? There should not be fluid in the air can. Maybe a couple of cc of oil at most but mostly grease. It is more vertical then on an Enduro.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 11:45 Quote
Air in the damper. Both my CCDB air and coil does it and seeing how the X2 is a similar design to the CCDB, it could be the same issue.

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 12:38 Quote
What is the solution then? Or is there none?

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 16:24 Quote
It can't be air in the damper, it would feel like crap. Slide the air can off and take a look and see how much fluid is in there. You can move the damper independent then.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 9:33 Quote
The reason I say air in the damper is because after you start using it, the air gets emulsified into the oil and becomes less pronounced. Of course if there was a lot of air in the damper, it would feel like crap, but as of right now it sounds like just a little.

In any case, it will eventually require a rebuild/oil change.

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 8:59 Quote
MarkT1993 wrote:

Did you get anywhere with this, mine was silent, went in for the recall and now sounds like grit is inside.

I stripped the bike down, depressurised the shock and the grit sound is hydraulic coming from repaired X2

Neil

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
Mine started to do that, it was oil that somehow migrated into the air chamber (when I removed the air, quite a lot of oil came out). I sent it out for the fix, and also for them to repair it.

It was still rideable, just needed a few cycles before it went quiet again.

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
NeilBUK wrote:
MarkT1993 wrote:

Did you get anywhere with this, mine was silent, went in for the recall and now sounds like grit is inside.

I stripped the bike down, depressurised the shock and the grit sound is hydraulic coming from repaired X2

Neil

Did you ever find out the fix for this problem or at least a more detailed explanation on why its occurring? im having the same issue after having mine serviced and updated by fox.

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 7:05 Quote
If you have a "dead" zone at the begining of the travel, along with the noise, it probably means some of the oil in the damper got in the air chamber.

Didn't have to fix mine, as when I sent it to Fox for the update, they messed up shipping, and it came damaged. Sent it back and they repaired it (well I believe they sent me a new one)

A service would fix it though. Not sure about the cause...

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 21:51 Quote
Did anyone figure this out? Just rode mine after my recall update and it's doing the same thing.

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 3:13 Quote
johnstanek89 wrote:
Did anyone figure this out? Just rode mine after my recall update and it's doing the same thing.

I stripped the air sleeve off, removed the spacers and gave it a good clean. There was a lot of oil in the air can and some grit. The spacers had also slid down. Re-lubed and replaced the air sleeve and it's fine now. Worth a shot before sending it for a service as it worked for me.

FL
Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 6:19 Quote
Mine did the same thing after being sent out for the recall. Had to service it... Somehow the seals between the air and the oil damper circuit was shot so oil and air could mix making a right mess.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009789
Mobile Version of Website