Shimano slx help

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 17:22 Quote
Hey, so im thinking about going 1by on my evo and i have a 2by. So my question is can i just remove the front mech and run a one by chain ring, or do I need to by another derailer

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 17:49 Quote
you can run your current rear mech with a 1x system without an issue. One thing you may want however is a rear mech with a clutch if your current one doesnt have a clutch already. You also might want to get a range extending cog for your cassette to increase your gearing range.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 18:00 Quote
Yes it can without changing the derailleur
1 x 9 setup Progear Narrow Chainring

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 18:06 Quote
bowbikebuilder wrote:
you can run your current rear mech with a 1x system without an issue. One thing you may want however is a rear mech with a clutch if your current one doesnt have a clutch already. You also might want to get a range extending cog for your cassette to increase your gearing range.
thnx and also would I need to change the bb id I changed crankes/ I forget the name but what goes through the bb

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 20:02 Quote
you wont need to change your cranks. You might however need to shim your chainring to get the correct chainline, but a lot of 1x specific rings come with spacers to do so

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 11:10 Quote
Hi very sorry if this is not allowed, thought I'd add my question here
Running 2015-2015 36-11 cassette. double chainring SLX. Based on my riding needs I have calculated (very accurately) to go to 1x I need a 28 single chainring for when I'm stuffed (I live around 1000ft up on a little hill) and can't make it home days.

Is there any options? There are no 28 narrow wide, and if there is it needs to come with cranks/BB as it won't fit the 104BCD on my cranks. SOrry if it appears I have no idea what I'm talking about ... probably I don't.

Any suggestions on how to go to a 28 1x options?

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 11:33 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
Hi very sorry if this is not allowed, thought I'd add my question here
Running 2015-2015 36-11 cassette. double chainring SLX. Based on my riding needs I have calculated (very accurately) to go to 1x I need a 28 single chainring for when I'm stuffed (I live around 1000ft up on a little hill) and can't make it home days.

Is there any options? There are no 28 narrow wide, and if there is it needs to come with cranks/BB as it won't fit the 104BCD on my cranks. SOrry if it appears I have no idea what I'm talking about ... probably I don't.

Any suggestions on how to go to a 28 1x options?
Looks like you can get NW rings with 64BCD:
http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/chainrings/products/64-bcd-chainrings
Or change to cranks with a removable spider, which leave you more options, but cost more up front.

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 14:48 Quote
Is that a 28t chainring with an 11-36 cassette? or a 28t with an extended cassette?
If you extend your cassette to an 11-40/42 then that makes you able to run a 30t chainring with the same low end ratio as a 28x36 while getting a higher top end ratio

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 23:53 Quote
bowbikebuilder wrote:
Is that a 28t chainring with an 11-36 cassette? or a 28t with an extended cassette?
If you extend your cassette to an 11-40/42 then that makes you able to run a 30t chainring with the same low end ratio as a 28x36 while getting a higher top end ratio

No extended cassette, it's only a Deore one and can't have teeth removed. Trying to save weight, avoid overlaps, while on a budget.

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 23:57 Quote
brianl wrote:
Looks like you can get NW rings with 64BCD:
http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/chainrings/products/64-bcd-chainrings
Or change to cranks with a removable spider, which leave you more options, but cost more up front.

Thanks, is running a chainring in the inner side better or worse than on the outer side? (in terms of cassette wear) Is a dedicated 1x crank system different eg mount the chainring in the middle of a 2x system?

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011021
Mobile Version of Website