Reverb Stuck Down Help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Reverb Stuck Down Help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 21:43 Quote
Hi everyone,
I searched and didn't find any other posts about this so I figured I would post to potentially help someone out. I recently broke the barb on my rockshox reverb, and fluid came out of the remote, and air went in. All bad and it left me with a stuck down dropper. Now if you look at tutorials on bleeding a reverb, you are supposed to do it while the seat post is raised. This is true. I figured it was worth a shot and bled it with the post down. Sadly, but expectedly, it didn't work. Although the remote sprang back now. Luckily, I figured out that you can extend the post manually if you let all the air out. So, I let all the air out, extended the post, and bled it. Once you're done bleeding, put the air back in (put in more than 250psi, because taking off the pump will release air, sometimes quite a bit because of how little volume is in the reverb) and the post should work. If not, repeat the process, and if it still doesn't work, I would take it to a bike shop. I hope this helps someone out, I know I was at a loss when I first broke the barb.

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 at 16:58 Quote
Totally helped me.

Thank you for taking the time.

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 at 19:07 Quote
rlippe wrote:
Totally helped me.

Thank you for taking the time.
I'm glad it helped! I was super stoked when I figured it out and I'm excited it worked for someone else. My reverb is still working 10 months later!

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 12:51 Quote
You my friend are a legend.. exact fix to my problem .. thank you????

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
G07797 wrote:
You my friend are a legend.. exact fix to my problem .. thank you????
I'm glad it helped!! Enjoy your reverb!

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 18:16 Quote
Strange, I had a similar problem... crashed and ripped a hole in the hose. Seat stuck down, and of course the remote was unresponsive. Cut the hose down, re-threaded the remote back in.. bled the system until the remote sprung back into its position.. pumped the lever, cycled the syringes a couple of times until it started to firm up. Took off the bleed syringes, replaced the set screws and actuated the lever once more...and boom, seat goes up. Did one more bleed session to be sure it was good to go. Didn't have to release the air pressure at all. (I mostly avoided having to do so at all costs because my shock pump was in my car and it was cold outside.)

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 20:21 Quote
Skurploosh wrote:
Strange, I had a similar problem... crashed and ripped a hole in the hose. Seat stuck down, and of course the remote was unresponsive. Cut the hose down, re-threaded the remote back in.. bled the system until the remote sprung back into its position.. pumped the lever, cycled the syringes a couple of times until it started to firm up. Took off the bleed syringes, replaced the set screws and actuated the lever once more...and boom, seat goes up. Did one more bleed session to be sure it was good to go. Didn't have to release the air pressure at all. (I mostly avoided having to do so at all costs because my shock pump was in my car and it was cold outside.)
I think the problem was that I cycled the button a few times and lost a ton of oil. I bled it twice with no luck.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
thook wrote:
...put the air back in (put in more than 250psi, because taking off the pump will release air, sometimes quite a bit because of how little volume is in the reverb)...

Here is a cute video explaining why you don't need to add "extra" pressure, or _really quickly_ furiously unscrew the shock pump. SRAM has one on their dealer training site that uses cool animations to explain what is going on, and makes it much more legit, but for some reason it's not also in the wild:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_sngxuQDFo

Thanks for sharing your insights on the dreaded Reverb...

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
So helpful! This was exactly my problem too, and doing the steps in this order seems to have worked. Thanks for taking the time to write it out - I haven’t seen this in one place on other threads.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005557
Mobile Version of Website