Marzocchi 350 r

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 2:27 Quote
Afternoon,

I am in the market for a new front fork for my cube, budget is on the lower end something around £300.
I have been looking around and found a rather good deal for the above fork
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/marzocchi-350-r-forks-15mm-2015/rp-prod128506
£230 for a 2015 160mm fork seems like a very good deal. Has anyone ran this fork or provide any input or advice on weather it is decent? Most reviews are for the ncr model.
I would also be happy to look around on the 2nd hand market as well.
Any other suggestions would be welcomed.
Just for reference my bike is a cube stereo 140 (see profile for furthe info)

Thanks for any help,

J

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 14:11 Quote
Will post a picture tomorrow, but there is a review in what mountain bike for 160mm forks (with the likes of rs lyrik, pike, yari, fox 36, 34 and bos deville) and the 350 r is second only to the yari! Would be a brilliant choice in my opinion
Edit: there is an abundance of pike's and revelation's u der £300 in buysell

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 0:33 Quote
Nice man thanks for the feedback, I'll try and Google the group test

Posted: Mar 4, 2016 at 15:23 Quote
My bad, the review is on the 350 cr. The 350 r seems to be very similar, so i reckon if you ask around in some of the more popular forums (post your all mountain bike or sexiest am/fr/enduro hardtail) you should get some reviews/ comments

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2016 at 19:26 Quote
Theocr,

I have a 150mm 350R on my Commencal Metal HT. This fork is shockingly good. It is way stiffer than my 140mm Pike 29er fork. I do miss the LSC on the Pike but other than that, it is a sweet fork. I also have a Revelation RL 130mm 29er and that fork is no comparison to the 350R. I liked it so much that I just bought a 350NCR for an all mountain hard tail that I am building. I am curious to see how I like the air sprung model and the upgraded damper.

The only thing I would say is if you are super light weight, the spring with no air added might be a bit stiff.

photo

Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 11:17 Quote
Nice thanks for the feedback there guys, think I might take the plunge and get one. I'm about 72kg so hopefully might be ok with the standard Spring

Cheers,

J

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 22:32 Quote
prudent wrote:
I'm about 72kg so hopefully might be ok with the standard Spring

You will be fine.

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 17:37 Quote
What kind of impacts can the 350r take? Like jumps, drops, and rough terrain. On the marzocchi website, they say it can withstand moderate jumps. How big is moderate? Thanks.

Posted: May 4, 2017 at 10:12 Quote
Yea I'm looking at the fork and can get an awesome deal on it. Just not sure if its good enough for light DH, freeride, bikeparks and general trail.

Any other suggestions would be helpful as well. I need a straight steerer 1 1/8 160mm fork. I can make the 350r work because it is the only tapered that has long enough steerer to run external cups on both my top and bottom zerostack headtube. Thanks for any help

Cheers

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 12:20 Quote
It's a fairly good fork! I got one on my trek remedy 650b 2015 and lowered it to 150mm. I'm a 200lb rider and run 27.5 psi in air chamber and I find it fine. I ride all bike park and light downhill and it copes no problem at all. Do agreed with previous comment regarding do miss the COMPRESSION but otherwise it's great. It's very good with small bump compliant. Does dive a little if you run too less air In fork though.

If say if you can get one for a good deal, go for it. If buy one again!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012153
Mobile Version of Website