BB30 or GXP?

PB Forum :: Beginners
BB30 or GXP?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 0:49 Quote
Hello all! I'm looking to get some answers on some confusion I am having. Firstly, I am looking to convert my SRAM X9 2x10 drivetrain to a 1x10. From my research, I've decided to go with the 32t chainring from North Shore Billet. Here is the link to the product: http://northshorebillet.com/products/1x-11-variable-tooth-direct-mount-chainrings?variant=1112896849

Anyways, what I am confused about is which bottom bracket type I am supposed to get. They have a BB30 and GXP option. What are the differences and how do I know which one to choose? Again, I am running a SRAM X9 crankshaft on a 2011 Trek Remedy 7. Cheers and any help is greatly appreciated!

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 22:49 Quote
Bb30 and GXP are spindle styles. Bb30 has a 30mm spindle diameter whereas the GXP bb has a stepped spindle that is 22mm on the non drive side and 24mm diameter the remainder. Probably the easiest way to tell the difference is the open hole on the drive side. There are many differences of course, but since the GXP crank has a 24mm spindle diameter on the side of the opening, it's only a little bigger than my ring finger. Aside from that little tip, Sram generally marks the side of the crank with the GXP or BB30 logo. They are proud of their standards...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007345
Mobile Version of Website