Best 650b 160mm travel AM/Trail/Enduro bikes

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best 650b 160mm travel AM/Trail/Enduro bikes
Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 23:53 Quote
I was in the same boat as you took me months to decide looked at norco range, yt capra, canyon strive, giant reign as they were all around my budget went for a orbea rallon in the end and it is brilliant still having a play with the suspension settings but it climbs well and when you set it to firm climbs like a dream but when you point it down my God it just wants to go fast so I say go look at a rallon

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 3:28 Quote
Being UK based I would take a look at the new Nukeproof Mega 275. It looks great, the geo is ok and it should ride well with the new Horst link pivot, plus I like the fact they have stuck with a threaded BB.

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 10:27 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
Banshee916 wrote:
My 15 rune has been great. No issuse with 1000+ miles on it. Spent a few days at the bike park too. They are good bikes, the harder you push the better they ride. I'm over 200 on the bike so plenty of weight to test the strength.
I see you have a coil rear shock on your rune. How do you like it? Can you compare it to an air shock on the same bike?

Coil was okay, but could not keep up, the leverage ratio seems to be designed for a progressive air shock. Only ran the coil when the air was in for service. Once I put the air back on, it was amazing how much better it was through fast and rough sections.

Posted: Mar 20, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
I've just orderd a YT capra, It seems all it gets is praise but I just need to wait for it to arrive now!

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 14:17 Quote
yeti sb6c you wont find a better 650b 160mm travel bike does everything

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
Since you are UK based why not check out On-One and the 27.5 Codeine?

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 14:30 Quote
Just bought a codeine 27.5 will be building it up this weekend! So i will report back if you are interested! I tried one at planet x in sheffield and it was really good!

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 19:31 Quote
Intense T275C. Killer bike.

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 20:07 Quote
Trobelarone wrote:
I've just orderd a YT capra, It seems all it gets is praise but I just need to wait for it to arrive now!

Is it the carbon fiber?

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 20:13 Quote
I've narrowed it down to either an aluminum Patrol or a Banshee Rune. What do you guys think? Opinions of each?

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 9:31 Quote
I'd go for the Intense Tracer 275A.

Got one and it rocks.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 12:43 Quote
That being said, what are your guys' opinions of the commencal meta AM v4?

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 17:59 Quote
Ferris1977 wrote:
I'd go for the Intense Tracer 275A.

Got one and it rocks.

Tracer and Rune are two totally different beasts. Rune is more freeride/downhill but still pedals great just heavy. The tracer is awesome for everything but not as slack for downhill, but I think it's the best well rounded bike and super fun and light. Rune is slack to bomb through anything. My Rune just wasn't fun to me unless I was going downhill. It plowed through everything. If you have a lot of climbing to do, it won't be fun on the rune but it'll do it ok. It was just too slack for me and in the steep setting bottom bracket seemed to high. If you're more DH oriented get Rune. I can't comment on the commencal. Only ridden the older 26 inch and that was a bad ass bike

Posted: Apr 9, 2016 at 21:21 Quote
Cannondale Jekyll all the way.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017851
Mobile Version of Website