Lethbridge Riders: Land of dust and cactus.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Lethbridge Riders: Land of dust and cactus.
Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 9:23 Quote
daver199 wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:
Zimmer68 wrote:
What if the city had its workers fix it up? I think I remember seeing them poking around the jumps.

We will be down doing a rebuild for the city in a few weeks. Looking like the weekend of May 11,12th. Looking to get in touch with members of the bike club to meet up friday evening to go over a plan. I'll let ya know when we're firmed up with date and time. We'll have machines and a crew down to lead.

CM!

Hey im a little out of touch with whats going on in lethbridge recently, but which club? and if you guys want volunteers i'd be happy to come help with a few shovels.

Well there is an association that supposedly looks after the park, LACA they are called. I've been having trouble contacting their president. They were the group that approached the city and hired us to do the design and construction of the park.

CM!

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 14:35 Quote
well the only time i have sean the park get maintained was for the dj contest and 2 weeks ago. i have tried doing sum work to the park but i gave up because sum people don't know trail edict! i would rebuild lips but when i went back they looked like i hadn't done anything.

Posted: May 10, 2013 at 7:16 Quote
We'll be down this Saturday and Sunday May 11, 12 with a crew, two machines and anyone who wants to volunteer to help whip the park into shape for the summer. Sat 9-5, Sun 9-4. Bring shovels, rakes, if you got. Sunscreen, water, boots, gloves etc...

See ya there!

CM!

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 20:58 Quote
hey boys just letting you know that the university trail is back in business. took a lot of work and hedge trimmers but its ready to ride thanks to me and my buddies.

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 at 10:03 Quote
Hey all, I am in the area for a few days, is there a map somewhere showing trails (preferably downhill) alternately is there a time/place where might be able to meet people regularly to hook up shuttles? Or any one interested in an evening shuttle (Sat, or possibly Monday night?) Or should I just check out the bike park?
Thx.

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 at 10:21 Quote
go to pg 106 for a map

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 at 11:30 Quote
gram9 wrote:
go to pg 106 for a map
Great thanks, I guess I could have looked back a few pages too. Looks like it's all down the river valley, is it all hike a bike, or do people shuttle? It also looks like most trails are on the west side and bike park on the east side. Is there a bridge of anything to cross at the bottom?

Thanks again

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 at 11:33 Quote
they are not vary long trails so it is easy to hike and there is a bridge.

Posted: Jul 31, 2013 at 15:13 Quote
If anyone is around this long weekend, I was thinking about doing some trail maintenance on Muff. It's super over-grown and needs to be cleaned out.

I'm thinking Sunday at 1pm.

Anybody down to help?

Posted: Aug 3, 2013 at 12:05 Quote
torino-dean wrote:
If anyone is around this long weekend, I was thinking about doing some trail maintenance on Muff. It's super over-grown and needs to be cleaned out.

I'm thinking Sunday at 1pm.

Anybody down to help?

Yeah, so Jordan couldn't wait, and he already cleaned muff out. Sooooo, just ride then? Or maintenance on something else?

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2013 at 16:37 Quote
Here is a little video of lethbridge riding this fall.
Views: 385    Faves: 2    Comments: 1

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 6:43 Quote
Good riding, great camera angles (to avoid all the no biking, nature reserve signs) Frown

Posted: Mar 12, 2014 at 19:37 Quote
Hey Guys,
I have short termed decided to go to Lethbridge for some riding on Saturday.
I haven't been riding in a while so I want to keep it easy. All mountain stuff. I've heard the valley would be my best choice for the area. Can I just go where I want or are there certain bicycle paths?
Any other things I should look out for when I'm riding there?
Or even better is anyone in for a nice laid back ride on Saturday just let me know Smile
Cheers,
Berti

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 8:31 Quote
coulees are all kinda of muddy right now!!

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 15:13 Quote
Do you think it would be worth it going there? I'm in Lethbridge anyways. Or can you recommend a different spot to go which might be dry by now?
Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.076018
Mobile Version of Website