Trying to decide on a new frame...

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trying to decide on a new frame...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 14:38 Quote
I need some opinions here. I'm currently riding a Specialized Demo 8 and I'm looking to build up a new bike sometime soon. Just looking for something fun to be able to throw around at the bike park. I'm from Texas and only do trips a couple times a year so i wont be racing it at all. I ride a lot of jump trails but love to get out on the technical, gnarlier trails. I'm leaning towards the Transition TR500 as of now but i figured id get some more opinions.

Posted: Mar 16, 2016 at 6:44 Quote
Scott Gambler. Run it in short mode with 26" wheels for jumpy time and the switch to long and low with 27.5" for DH.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 15:11 Quote
I agree, the gambler is a perfect bike for park. The Tr500 is also a great option. I would also consider the Devinci wilson, ive heard its extremely fun and easy to throw around. Cant go wrong with the yt tues either, ive heard nothing but praise and had a blast riding it last summer. The norco aurum is also an absolute beast.

Hear me out here, if youre only riding park, then you should also consider getting a higher travel enduro bike and putting a dual crown fork on it. For two years ive been running a specialized enduro in the park and its been amazing. The shorter travel makes it poppier on jumps and its lighter in the air. I would consider the evil insurgent and the trek slash, theyre both amazing bikes

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 16:42 Quote
Scott Gambler or Commencal Supreme or YT Tues.

Like said above, if you only want to do bike park and moderately gnarly trails, you might want to get a capable Enduro/SX bike with 160mm or more of travel. They will be much more fun and be able to pedal if needed. However, nothing matches the stability of a true DH rig.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 13:22 Quote
R500!!!

Really adjustable Geometry, high or low BB, 26 or 27.5", long or short wheel base, 180mm or 200mm.

Standard parts- 83mm BB, 150mm rear Axle, 56/44 Headtube, 9.5x3.0 shock.

The suspension rate feels just right for Sag and progressiveness.

Stiff frame design, very strong no suspension pivots or links near the rear axle.

It pedals surprisingly well for a single pivot DH bike.

Stable on the rough, and still nimble on jump trails.

It really can bee set up to be what ever you want it to be.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012809
Mobile Version of Website