Yeti down tube protection

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti down tube protection
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 14, 2016 at 5:44 Quote
Adding more protection to the Yeti SB5C. Just finished the mold. The first sample looks great!
Rock guard for YETI SB5C
Rock guard for YETI SB5C

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 22:22 Quote
nyrdrms wrote:
Adding more protection to the Yeti SB5C. Just finished the mold. The first sample looks great!
Rock guard for YETI SB5C
Rock guard for YETI SB5C

wow nice! i just got a 2017 sb6 and it seems like the downtube protector is stuck on with adhesive. i wish it wasn't so i could get a better/longer protector

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 17:10 Quote
I just made a prototype guard for the 4.5. I thought about doing one for the 5.5 and 6 but it would be difficult to consistently cover the rubber guard every time I made one. The material can grow or shrink when heated depending upon how it was manufactured. The rubber guard is just to close to the edge (no overlap of my guard over the rubber one). I would have a lot of secondary work after molding and just wouldn't be cost effective to do. Here is a pic of the 4.5. It isn't ready just yet but this would be a close representation of the final product.
YETI 4.5 ROCK GUARD
  YETI 4.5 ROCK GUARD

YETI 4.5 ROCK GUARD
  YETI 4.5 ROCK GUARD

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 15:30 Quote
What did you use for material for it, did you mold it direct on the frame.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
I make a prototype and then make a mold from that so I can do a "made to order" product. You can't heat the frame up that high or you could damage paint/clear coat etc. You can private message me if you need one. I make for all frames I have owned plus a few others if I can get my hands on them. The material is ABS.
bryanbell wrote:
What did you use for material for it, did you mold it direct on the frame.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011955
Mobile Version of Website