Santa cruz v10 2016 sizing help

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa cruz v10 2016 sizing help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 15:04 Quote
Im building a v10 this month, and i already have all of the components, i just need to get the frame. Im looking to get the brand new cc frame in blue. Until now i was decided on a large, but now that they introduced the new xxL to the lineup and i have more options, im ambiguous. Im 6 feet tall and 150 pounds but im 16 and still growing. I want it to be comfortable enough to whip around but i also dont want it to be cramped. Should i go for the large or the extra large?

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 19:34 Quote
I'm 6ft. Had both large and XL. I say XL all the way!! Large felt too cramped and small. Then again, it all depends on your comfort level and what you like. XL was just as playful.

Try and think back to your most comfortable feeling bike and grab the reach measurement from that. Compare that way.

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 at 19:43 Quote
Thanks man. Im most likely going to go with the xL. No way im gonna spend this amount of money building a bike and then grow out of it and have it feel uncomfortable. Id rather take a little time to adjust to it being big than be locked into a bike thats too small

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 2:56 Quote
I am 5'10" and ride a large which I feel could be longer, at 6' I would def go XL

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 2:23 Quote
christiaan wrote:
I am 5'10" and ride a large which I feel could be longer, at 6' I would def go XL

Deffo XL given my various mates sizing....

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 17:43 Quote
I'm 5'10" on an XL Session with 450mm reach. The XL V10 has 452mm reach so I would be on that as well, and the Session doesn't feel to big to me at all

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
thanks for the help guys

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 1:08 Quote
Hi chaps, I've got a similar situation picking a size for the new v10. Im finding it difficult to choose between the L and the XL as I'm coming off a large 26" v10 (2014) and being 5'11" it's been said a few times that it looks too small and I look cramped riding it. So when picking a new one I'm worried that the XL might be too big of a jump from 26" wheel size.
I've considered what's been mentioned so far on this thread and take it on board. It's swaying me towards the bigger bike. Can anyone tell me if the XL would be slower on uk tracks due to its size or is it still quite agile? How much bigger is a 650b L than a 26"L? Any help appreciated :-)

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 21:23 Quote
After around a season of riding the xL, i can probably say that i wish i had gone with a large. Im somewhere between 6 ft and 6'1 and i feel that the xL is a little bit too long in flowy, jumpy parts of trails. Since i mostly ride jumps and flow trails i wish i had gone with the large only because it would be easier to flick around and be playful on. The xL, however, is amazing when it comes to the rough. Ive never felt safer on any bike. The amount of times ive nose cased, overshot, or was just generally sketchy, wouldve cause me to be in the hospital hundreds of times by now on a different bike. So when it comes down to it, its just what you like to ride. If you know you like jumping and park riding dont hesitate to go for the large, even if it does feel a tiny bit small at first. If you like riding natural trails and rocks though, i would definitely advise you go with the xL, it flies through the rought like a laser beam. As for the 26 to 27.5 switch, you wont even notice the wheel size. Ive noticed zero negative side effects but tons of added stability and rolling speed.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 7:25 Quote
Try a shorter stem ? It's often easier to shorten the "length" of a bike than it is to lengthen it Smile

Shorter stem, reach adjust headset, spacers under the stem, ...

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 15:42 Quote
I'm just over 6'1 and on an XL frame... Cadillac!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020084
Mobile Version of Website