Camp Fortune Discussion/ Woopie another season at Calabogie Peaks !!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Camp Fortune Discussion/ Woopie another season at Calabogie Peaks !!
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
Joe Dirt?
Im not sure about that.

Posted: Oct 17, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
Hey I really want to go to Fortune on Sunday but I have no way of getting there/back. I live in the South but I could easily take the O-Train to the War Museum or any other
more convenient location. I'll pitch for gas money.

LAST DAY

PM me!

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
Hello all, I figured I would get the word out before asilvertouch.com closes. If you do not already know, this asilvertouch.com is closing down. This leaves a huge void for distributing news and events to the community. As Downhillers I suggest that the best way to stay informed on what is happening in the community is the following:

First I will be posting all DH related news and updates on the OMBA forums at Ottawamba.org . I will also be suggesting that Peter Suderman from Camp Fortune also post his updates on Ottawamba.org as well.

Second, for those of you who are on facebook, last year there was a group opened to help keep Camp Fortune Open. It can be found at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=68293784469
I suggest you also join this group for updates.

I hope to see you all on the hills next season and online at ottawamba.org this winter.

Matt Woods
Ottawa Mountain Bike Association Rep.

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 14:32 Quote
Why cant we just post stuff here? Facebook = gay.

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
you could also post updates on dropmachine

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:

I like pinkbike, but I think it is important for the Ottawa community have its own place to post news and events. Pinkbike is a great site, but it is also very international. If a new rider googles riding in Ottawa there needs to be a solid resource that they can pull information from. While the two or three Ottawa centered threads here on pinkbike are good, anyone looking for Ottawa information still has to sift through the mass of international information before they get to these threads, and that is if they find them.

As good as Pinkbike, Dropmachine, Dh Racer and NSMB are they are not Ottawa specific websites.

I am posting on facebook because it is a good way to get in touch with a lot of riders (300 and some last time I check) all at one time. True a lot of people don't use it, but given that we sold 160 passes and there are more than 300 facebook group users, arguably the majority of the DH community does use it. It is also a good way to send out news flashes to people who don’t want to go looking for news.

I will be posting Ottawa News on the Ottawa Mountain Bike Association web site. If you like, feel free to repost it here; however, if you want to make sure you are getting the straight news free of misinformation about the results of Advocacy work in the Ottawa region or Updates about local DH, be that Fortune or any other local hill it would be a good idea to see www.ottawamba.org . It's not pretty, but it does the job and you won’t have to deal with rumors or conspiracy theories that run rampant on most chat sites.

Matt Woods
Ottawa Mountain Bike Association DH Rep.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 9:54 Quote
mw-819 wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:

I like pinkbike, but I think it is important for the Ottawa community have its own place to post news and events. Pinkbike is a great site, but it is also very international. If a new rider googles riding in Ottawa there needs to be a solid resource that they can pull information from. While the two or three Ottawa centered threads here on pinkbike are good, anyone looking for Ottawa information still has to sift through the mass of international information before they get to these threads, and that is if they find them.

As good as Pinkbike, Dropmachine, Dh Racer and NSMB are they are not Ottawa specific websites.

I am posting on facebook because it is a good way to get in touch with a lot of riders (300 and some last time I check) all at one time. True a lot of people don't use it, but given that we sold 160 passes and there are more than 300 facebook group users, arguably the majority of the DH community does use it. It is also a good way to send out news flashes to people who don’t want to go looking for news.

I will be posting Ottawa News on the Ottawa Mountain Bike Association web site. If you like, feel free to repost it here; however, if you want to make sure you are getting the straight news free of misinformation about the results of Advocacy work in the Ottawa region or Updates about local DH, be that Fortune or any other local hill it would be a good idea to see www.ottawamba.org . It's not pretty, but it does the job and you won’t have to deal with rumors or conspiracy theories that run rampant on most chat sites.

Matt Woods
Ottawa Mountain Bike Association DH Rep.

Alright I agree. I personally will stick with pinkbike, Ill only listen to thiings that come out of your mouth or certain friends of mine.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
Honestly Brandon, some things are best left in your head, not on the interwebz, that last little comment was one of them

Better lad?

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 8:35 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
mes oui

Mais ouitup

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
yeah, that's all I know in French

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
does the word "poutine" count as french lmao

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 at 20:42 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:

oui bien sûre.Smile Thats all you can say?

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
faith1rider wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:

lol no. I dont really speak it at all. I can understand it a bit. I just listen to the sentence and I pick out the words I know and then I can understand. Anyways, back on topic. Who here is getting a season pass for next year? I dont think I will.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 19:07 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
faith1rider wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:

lol no. I dont really speak it at all. I can understand it a bit. I just listen to the sentence and I pick out the words I know and then I can understand. Anyways, back on topic. Who here is getting a season pass for next year? I dont think I will.

for fortune? i def will be i went like 15-20 times this year so i got my moneys worth for sure

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015645
Mobile Version of Website