Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 19:48 Quote
Figured i'd just ask in here since we all like the sx trail. Does anyone know what the deal is with the paint on the 2009 sx trail 2 frame? It is some sort of rubbery finish. Will this strip off with some regular stripper you think?

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 2:36 Quote
My bottlerocket had the same type of paint. Its some type of powder coat. Regular stripper wont even make a mark. The best paint stripper to use is called "aircraft remover" by kleanstrip. You can pick it up at most hardware stores like home depot.

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 17:00 Quote
Nice, I like the color match lowers.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 4:34 Quote
Can you please elaborate on that rear linkage on your SX? I wanna run a vivid air on mine as well but don't want to hack things up to do it. Im thinking about getting the bike yoke linkage. How does it ride with the vjivid air? ive heard mixed reviews about running air shocks on the SX's. Thanks. Sweet bike BTW

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 19:38 Quote
Ser3100 wrote:
Can you please elaborate on that rear linkage on your SX? I wanna run a vivid air on mine as well but don't want to hack things up to do it. Im thinking about getting the bike yoke linkage. How does it ride with the vjivid air? ive heard mixed reviews about running air shocks on the SX's. Thanks. Sweet bike BTW

Thanks! Its the blue SX air yoke with about 4 hours of dremel and filing work. The Vivid is phenominal on this bike. Also running a carbon 650b front rim, hope hubs, Raceface carbon bars, and Sram 1x11 drivetrain. Love it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 3:58 Quote
I think the SX-Trail is gonna go down as one of the top 10 cult bikes ever. who doesn't remeber the claw shredding that baby blue with pink forks down the awesome north shore trails!?

I love my SX. It's a tank, I wanna ride it every day. It's 8 years old now, and still going strong Pirate

It's not for sale, and I'm gonna keep riding it til it breaks, that's if it ever does break tup

Keep posting these beauties

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 5:26 Quote
Yah I had a customer scoff that I was riding a seven year old mountain bike. Only way to explain it was, I love the bike and the world will be a little darker the day I break it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 6:41 Quote
tophHATESzmbies wrote:
Yah I had a customer scoff that I was riding a seven year old mountain bike. Only way to explain it was, I love the bike and the world will be a little darker the day I break it.
Nothing whatsoever wrong with an older model machine that still performs up to par that is FUN to ride!
Boy would some ppl freak out (good *and* bad) about my 2004 SX/4X brushed Ti rig. Gotta get some recent pics of it since last new build up.

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 18:31 Quote
blueeyedbiker68 wrote:
Nothing whatsoever wrong with an older model machine that still performs up to par that is FUN to ride!
Boy would some ppl freak out (good *and* bad) about my 2004 SX/4X brushed Ti rig. Gotta get some recent pics of it since last new build up.
Oh believe me, I know. I haven't ridden a bike that's more fun than my sx. It's the 09 dual slalom frame, and I frickin use it for everything. Hell, I want an enduro sx just to have another sx.

And I like the orange/black ..but are those giant wheels?!

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 19:22 Quote
^^^^^^not minez,..
was busy today and rainy storms here so no sunshine to take nice pics
tophHATESzmbies wrote:
blueeyedbiker68 wrote:
Oh believe me, I know. I haven't ridden a bike that's more fun than my sx. It's the 09 dual slalom frame, and I frickin use it for everything. Hell, I want an enduro sx just to have another sx.

And I like the orange/black ..but are those giant wheels?!

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 19:26 Quote
No I know. I just didn't want to quote the pictures.

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 20:37 Quote
gotchya! I have an album for my 4cross SX with some pics taken a while back but nothing really recent,..upgraded the shiz outta my Remedy and built the Spesh SX/4X with parts trickled down from it to *want* to ride it (SX)more often. still in a bit of a recovery period after a triple rotator cuff injury late last year,.so that's limited me too.
Love , love,.LOVE my BETD Mod shock linkage for it that changes if from 3.9"/4.75" travel options,..to 5.25"/6".

experimented with an FSR swingarm assy that was longer ( for better climbing ability)than the short~ish stays that are stock on the 4X bikes in 04 and 05.

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 20:47 Quote
All mine destroyed both of yours! Mwahahahaha!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019034
Mobile Version of Website