Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:37 Quote
Www.bikeyoke.com

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 11:59 Quote
Im finally buying a bikeyoke! The dhx 4 is beyond tired.

Here's the thing, I bought a DHX5 last year off of some other bike and I thought it was garbage. The shocks that shipped on the 09+ SXs obviously received a fairly specific tune from Fox.

I haven't decided on a shock yet but Im leaning spring. I think the generation newer DHX shocks maybe would better suit this bike out of the box due to their larger shafts and corresponding damping rate.

Those of you who have tried out a different shock on your SX, I would appreciate some insight on the performance of the new shock vs. the old one.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
bikesek wrote:
Hi, I have 2012 SX trail, bought CCDB air for it before doing any research, so find out now that it's not that rasy to fit it in. So can someone tell me what will be the easiest way? Thanks a lot

I've always wanted to put a CCDB air on my 2008 sx trail 2. I never ended up doing it because someone said that the piggyback on the CCDB air will not clear the frame. I was told that a Vivid air would work though. However, it might work on your 2012 frame. You'll need a new yoke from https://www.bikeyoke.de

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 22:17 Quote
bikesek wrote:
Hi, I have 2012 SX trail, bought CCDB air for it before doing any research, so find out now that it's not that rasy to fit it in. So can someone tell me what will be the easiest way? Thanks a lot

Buy the $100 mount at bikeyolk.com unfortunately.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 19:05 Quote
Thx guys, ended up buying from bikeyoke.com, once my bike will be build, I'll post a picture here. Well I hope that the CCDB will fit in the frame Big Grin it's designed bit different than the older SX, so hope it's gonna be good...

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 9:35 Quote
Need a spring rate recommendation, I am right at 250lbs and on a 2011 SX trail with a dhx rc4 rear shock. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 4:15 Quote
fenrirtheviking wrote:
Need a spring rate recommendation, I am right at 250lbs and on a 2011 SX trail with a dhx rc4 rear shock. Thanks!

depends on what you do with your bike, me for example hit some jumps and trails I prefer to use 500lbs but I'm 165lbs and my sx trail weighs 33 lbs so 165+33= 198lbs. you always have to plus with your bike weight.

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 7:17 Quote
I run a 600# spring on my 09 for hardcore DH/freeride, and a 650# for dirt jumping. I weigh 165#s, these stiff springs are probably partly due to my shock having gone through so much abuse

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 20:55 Quote
Thanks for the input guys! I figure I will give a 650 a try and go from there. Heres the new ride!
photo

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 10:03 Quote
^Looks good! The Totem has to be the perfect SX Trail fork.

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 16:01 Quote
skerby wrote:
^Looks good! The Totem has to be the perfect SX Trail fork.
Thanks man, I figure it is about a close to a perfect fork as I will ever get. Thinking about swapping the rear shock to an air setup with the conversion from bikeyoke, anyone on here used one? What air shock did you run with it?

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
Personally id keep it coil and even go dhx2. I like the rc4 butbi can only imagine a newer X2 coil out back.

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 16:33 Quote
Not sure if you still need the bikeyoke with the x2 but when i find a cheaper x2 im going that route.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015473
Mobile Version of Website