Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
| Next Page
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
is anyone still using their sx trail as a trail bike? you know, big range casette, 1x, dropper post, lockout? is it capable or should i forget about it?

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
matko-cro wrote:
is anyone still using their sx trail as a trail bike? you know, big range casette, 1x, dropper post, lockout? is it capable or should i forget about it?
I’m about to get an 05’ S-Works enduro, so one of the OG SX bikes. It’s 1x11, I’m putting a RF turbine on it, 11-42t cassette, etc. I haven’t ridden it yet, and I might add a coil shock and duel crown, but for now it is really more of a trail/enduro bike. If you want to do it, go for it! Climbing is never a bad thing when upgrading your bike!

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
I'm using my SX (not trail) as a trail bike, got a dropper and it's perfect. Shock with lockout is a great thing, can even do long asphalt rides.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 15:35 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
...might add a coil shock and duel crown...

why dual crown? 200mm is a bit too much for that frame even if you build it as a freeride bike

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 16:03 Quote
matko-cro wrote:
JacobyDH wrote:
...might add a coil shock and duel crown...

why dual crown? 200mm is a bit too much for that frame even if you build it as a freeride bike
Yeah, we’re shortening it to 180mm whatever it is, as I haven’t found the right one. Since the rear coil is slightly too large, it raises the BB, and also increases the travel. Instead of 150 in the back, there’s 170. With the talus up front, and coil rear, the chances of getting this thing to climb are slim. Might as well take advantage of the 26ers, and make it really good at something: DH

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/18721415/

Thats mine, from spain
27.5 front 26 rear
1x11, rs totem front dhx5 air rear... Very good bike

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 23:53 Quote
matko-cro wrote:
I use mine as a trail and freeride bike Big Grin
With proper tires and lockout its all mountain bike. I have ridden it on trails even with dh tires on, nice training for legs. Got lockout on fork and shock btw.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 8:18 Quote
matko-cro wrote:

Just sold mine but yes. I built it with an 11- 42T. No lockouts or dropper but it definitely climbed decently for a FR bike. I did more trail riding than DH with it tbh.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007546
Mobile Version of Website