Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
Finally got around to completing my wheel build and did some cockpit changes.

DTswiss EX471s 27.5" front and 26" rear
Chris King 20 x 110mm front hub 32 hole
Chris King 135 x 10mm rear hub 32 hole
DTswiss double butted spokes in black
DTswiss aluminum nipples

photo

Spank 35mm x 800mm by 60mm rise bar
Spank Split 35mm x 45mm steam
Wolf's tooth dropper post lever W/ PNW dropper post (125mm)

photo

Changes have made a huge difference on the trail. The geo still oldschool but the rise and length addition with the cockpit has really made the bike more fun. The 27.5" front wheel is an obvious improvement in trail conditions. I don't notice much at the bike park, but in the chunky technical stuff here in Colorado, it's great. I can see how a 29 x 27.5 setup would be perfect for those looking to play but keep it nimble.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
Current version on my sx trail 2010
Needs:
Hope Tech 3 V4 Brakes
Atlas 35 Handlebar and steam and rail saddle.

Current version on SX project still needs some parts

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
xKROOGAAZZx wrote:
Needs:
Hope Tech 3 V4 Brakes

Are you on a Talas 36 fork as well?

Cool bike. I always liked the sleek top tube on the 2010+ SX trail. Did you put this bike together or buy it recently?

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 15:25 Quote
09SXtrail wrote:
xKROOGAAZZx wrote:
Needs:
Hope Tech 3 V4 Brakes

Are you on a Talas 36 fork as well?

Cool bike. I always liked the sleek top tube on the 2010+ SX trail. Did you put this bike together or buy it recently?

It's 2014 Van so spring for me , hows air works for SX suspension ?
I build it from frame up You can find some previous versions on my profile.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 9:49 Quote
xKROOGAAZZx wrote:
It's 2014 Van so spring for me , hows air works for SX suspension ?
I build it from frame up You can find some previous versions on my profile.

Air is different but so far so good. It's nice to play with air pressure for tuning and the TALAS is very linear, similar to a spring so no volume spacers or progressive tuning. The HS/LS compression and rebound make obvious differences. The old RockShox Domain I had was good for big hits but lacked small bump feel and changing setting with compression and rebound didn't feel to do much. Also, being able to run a 27.5" wheel on the front has been a great improvement. I can keep up with my other buddies on more modern geo bikes and big wheels.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 20:51 Quote
Sending it down Rain Maker out here in WinterPark Colorado. Nothing fancy but solid shot of me on the bike. Loving all the changes. Although my body at 36 no longer recovers like it did at 25. So full send is no longer an option.

Doin my thing

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 5:59 Quote
Rad! Look great and the bike looks awesome!

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
suechtiger wrote:
i dont know if the yokes from the sx slope and sx trail have the same length...
and if the bikeyoke one would fit, it would also lower the input length of the shock... so u would need something arround 180mm then i guess (?)

you are right, I didn't get that the bikeyoke is longer than the factory yoke ;/

can't fit a coil shock, can't find another air shock that is better then fox ctd ;/

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
Been riding the hell out of this thing all Summer. Broke 2 spokes in the rear on my homebuilt wheels. Chain came off and wedged itself between the 50tooth cog and the outside spokes, snapping two of them. Had to go back to the OEM stuff for the bike park day.

Sent a pretty good sized double on it as well.

Views: 96    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Also been trying out some Topeak bags and finding them to be awesome! I took all these downhilling with me and they held up fine. The top tube bag was perfect for my camera gear while the saddle bag holds a tube/chain links/CO2/Multitool/tire wedges. The back tire doesn't buzz the saddle bag and your knees just graze the side of the top tube bag with thick knee pads on. I use the POC 2.0 pads and they are for pretty aggressive riding.

getting ready for Trestle Downhill park.

Bike park prep.

Bags mounted along with mud/rock guards.

Other side of Topeak Wedge and Topeak Fuel Tank.

After a day of downhilling and a quick spray down with a hose.

Topeak Wedge SM and Topeak Fuel Tank LG

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 20:14 Quote
Hell Yea!!! Trestle is rad
Definitely miss my SX. Sold it to a guy in Colorado Springs and would love to buy it back...
2009 Specialized SX Trail

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
clapped-out-46 wrote:
Hell Yea!!! Trestle is rad
Definitely miss my SX. Sold it to a guy in Colorado Springs and would love to buy it back...

Sweet color scheme too.

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
Finding some fun freeride style features on some of the trails in Pine, CO. Trail is called Black Jack. Some of the craziest natural features I have ever seen.

Views: 144    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
Was able to buy back my baby!!!
Front wheel is a write-off and the rest of the bike is pretty trashed too, but I don't even care. Just stoked to have it back.
photo

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
When I saw that on my dashboard at first I thought your bike rack was actually some ape hanger cruiser bars on the bike!! lol

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
When I saw that on my dashboard at first I thought your bike rack was actually some ape hanger cruiser bars on the bike!! lol
Don't tempt me with a good time, time to ride around in style!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023702
Mobile Version of Website