Reverb seat post is too long

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Reverb seat post is too long
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2016 at 1:35 Quote
So I have a snag with a new bike build. It's a Mondraker Foxy which has the shock placed where the bottom of the seat tube would be. This means that the usable seat tube is very short. I've fitted the shortest rockshox reverb I can get, but annoying it's just a little too long - about 15-25mm.

I'm wondering if there's a way to shorten it. I can think of 3 possible solutions

restrict its travel so that it doesn't come up as far
find a way of shortening the gubbins at the end of the cable
cut bits off it

Has anyone managed this trick? Is it even possible? If not, what are my options for a shorter seat post?

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 at 6:32 Quote
Had this issue with my Stumpjumper, couldn't fit the dropper that I wanted due to insertable length. Eventually sold the seatpost and bought a ks 100mm post. It had the shortest length to drop ration of the posts I found.

Other option that I saw someone use was attaching a wire between the seatpost clamp and saddle rail that would set the max position of the seat when having it rise. A little getto, but it worked, only thing is you lose some range.

What size dropper did you get?

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 at 8:32 Quote
Wishiwasbiking wrote:
Had this issue with my Stumpjumper, couldn't fit the dropper that I wanted due to insertable length. Eventually sold the seatpost and bought a ks 100mm post. It had the shortest length to drop ration of the posts I found.

Other option that I saw someone use was attaching a wire between the seatpost clamp and saddle rail that would set the max position of the seat when having it rise. A little getto, but it worked, only thing is you lose some range.

What size dropper did you get?

It's a 125mm drop, the shortest one which I tihnk is 380mm. Yeah, im looking at other seatposts too, but they don't seem to be as good as the reverb!

Posted: Mar 20, 2016 at 4:59 Quote
Rhe Fox doss may work for ya with a 100mm drop

Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 11:34 Quote
KS Lev has external cable but fixed on the collar, which should reduce the space needed inside the ST without having a floppy remote cable when it's dropped.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 12:01 Quote
Get a Reverb with 100mm drop, with a length of 340mm which should be adequate for your application.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 18:42 Quote
I have a ks lev and it's been great so far. I really like the fact the cable is fixed at the collar and doesn't move with the seat

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010428
Mobile Version of Website