Best place to buy bike on sale?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best place to buy bike on sale?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2016 at 23:40 Quote
So,i am kinda new to riding all mountain(before I rode on a hardtail bike) and i am looking to buy a used or new full suspension bike for a good deal, like a bike that is on sale for like 50% off. Where is the best place to look for one(website or store)? Smile

FL
Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 2:22 Quote
maxredunculus wrote:
So,i am kinda new to riding all mountain(before I rode on a hardtail bike) and i am looking to buy a used or new full suspension bike for a good deal, like a bike that is on sale for like 50% off. Where is the best place to look for one(website or store)? Smile
PinkBike BuySell possibly!!

FL
Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 3:57 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 11:44 Quote
Depends what country you live in. Jensonusa and Pricepoint both have some good deals on complete bikes, and CRC in the UK does also. I'm sure there are others, but it makes sense to buy in the same country to reduce shipping/duty etc costs, plus make it easier to return it in case of issues.

Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 12:16 Quote
I live in the US and have ordered bikes from CRC a few times. I bought both a commencal bike and a commencal frame in 2014 from them, and experience was just as pleasant as the new 2016 Dh v4 I just bought direct from commencal usa.

Shipping time was only 3 days, from UK or wherever to Wyoming.. I did not have to pay any import duties. However I think they do charge duties on orders over $800 now

Jenson USA
Pricepoint
Backcountry
Competitive Cyclist
Ebay (some really good deals to be had on new bikes, and buyer protection on used bikes)

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 17:05 Quote
But...

if you're new to biking you don't know what you want. Probably good to develop a vocabulary by riding as many bikes as you can. Go to stores and demo days, ride it all, beg strangers, etc. Once you find a bike you like THEN "I want that one!!! it gave me the evil eye!" and only then do you worry about price.

If you don't know bike mechanics it is pretty easy to buy a used bike that's been thrashed and needs a bunch of money.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026929
Mobile Version of Website