'Hardcore' Hardtail 29er

PB Forum :: 29ers
'Hardcore' Hardtail 29er
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 10:43 Quote
Hello,

I currently own an On One 456 Carbon 26er.

I'd like to make the move up to a 29er to become more competitive in endurance XC races but also still be able to ride my local steeps in the winter.

Does anybody know of or can recommend a 29er hardtail that'll take 130/140mm forks? I've found some like the Ragley Big Wig but I'm 6ft5 so need a bigger frame than they currently offer.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 21:13 Quote
I just picked up a Niner Ros. And although its steel, its awesome. Has a 140mm pike

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 8:58 Quote
Kona Honzo is an option both as alu, steel or ti.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 19:51 Quote
Diamondback Mason HT. Or if you can't find your size you could go custom? It's more expensive but you'll get a bike that you'll keep forever!

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
Kingdom Vendetta 29 if you fancy splashing out on a ti frame. Mine rips. It's capabilities far outstrip my own.

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 4:20 Quote
Transition transam

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 21:14 Quote
photo
Just got my nukeproof scout 290. The thing rips!!! Couldn't be happier.

Posted: Jun 6, 2016 at 4:52 Quote
I also have on older model ros 9 (130 mm revelation). Very versatile bike. Love it.

Posted: Jun 6, 2016 at 5:51 Quote
I have a steel Honzo with a revelation 120 fork....I think you can increase the travel but maybe a Pike would make more sense...

I love it, just feels so right...so much so that I want to try it down steep stuff which I never thought I would bother with...I've already stuck a dropper on it !!!

adjustable chain stays can make it crazy short as well...

Smile

I am hearing good things about the Nuke Scout as well....If its as good as my Mega 290 it will be good fun.

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 5:37 Quote
I've a 2015 Honzo with 140mm up front and I love it. I won an XC league on mine and it still beats my friends enduro bikes in enduro and downhill. I don't feel any way disadvantaged riding it. If you have the cash I'd splurge for a Canfield EPO though Drool

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
I've a 2015 Honzo with 140mm up front and I love it. I won an XC league on mine and it still beats my friends enduro bikes in enduro and downhill. I don't feel any way disadvantaged riding it. If you have the cash I'd splurge for a Canfield EPO though Drool

What fork you running?
Looking for tuning tips on the Revelation 120 I have on my honzo....

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 16:56 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

What fork you running?
Revelation 140mm. A good tip is to add one or more bottomless tokens for a more progressive tune I find.

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 4:21 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Travel66 wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

What fork you running?
Revelation 140mm. A good tip is to add one or more bottomless tokens for a more progressive tune I find.

Did you change the travel on your revelation? If so was it easy?

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 7:54 Quote
I've got a 29er after riding only 26 bikes for years with the intent of going on more long rodes and maratons but didn't want to sacrifice the descending factor of it.

funmode

Here's my baby. Last fastforward.

140 travel, with fork reducable to 110mm (I use this more than I figured I would, especially on long grueling climbs), 64ha, 426mm chainstays.

And all I can say this is the most comfortable and most confidence inspiring bike I've ever ridden. All other bikes I've had felt like too small regardless of size (I'm 187cm tall)

I've started clearing stuff I was scared to do on my enduro bike. And this baby can take and throw punches.

Do it without a second of thought, you won't be sorry.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015950
Mobile Version of Website