XD driver to Shimano driver

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
XD driver to Shimano driver
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 9:51 Quote
I have a Sram roam 40 rear wheel with an xd driver, is there a Shimano driver that can be adapted to fit in this wheel?

I have seen videos of shimano to sram xd driver, I want the opposite.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2016 at 16:42 Quote
turbo8 wrote:
I have a Sram roam 40 rear wheel with an xd driver, is there a Shimano driver that can be adapted to fit in this wheel?

Thanks

I had a rise 60 wheel with xd driver. I was able to find the part number and order a shimano driver for it.

The doc you want is:

https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/CiVWUCoQQexgAqsldN6FL--0lxkh5C5PcMUdwLKtHlc/mtime:1435679449/sites/default/files/techdocs/2016_sram_spc_reva.pdf

I believe the part you want is:

11.1918.000.011 Freehub Body with Bearings 9/10 Speed - X0 Hubs/Rise 60 (B1)/Roam 30/Roam 40/Rail 40/Rise XX

The first part that arrived was the driver for the newer year of rise 60. Make sure you know the year of your wheels, look up the part in sram's parts manual. Then after you know the part number make sure whoever does the ordering actually speaks to sram because only sram can verify that its what you need.

With the right part the replacement is super simple when you have the right parts. Read the service manual pdf carefully. The wrong part just doesn't work. Get yourself some Slickoleum for lube and be careful not to lose the pawls!

FWIW the new shimano 10 speed driver is working great for me no regrets.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 8:27 Quote
captaingrumpy wrote:
turbo8 wrote:

Thanks

I had a rise 60 wheel with xd driver. I was able to find the part number and order a shimano driver for it.

The doc you want is:

https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/CiVWUCoQQexgAqsldN6FL--0lxkh5C5PcMUdwLKtHlc/mtime:1435679449/sites/default/files/techdocs/2016_sram_spc_reva.pdf

I believe the part you want is:

11.1918.000.011 Freehub Body with Bearings 9/10 Speed - X0 Hubs/Rise 60 (B1)/Roam 30/Roam 40/Rail 40/Rise XX

The first part that arrived was the driver for the newer year of rise 60. Make sure you know the year of your wheels, look up the part in sram's parts manual. Then after you know the part number make sure whoever does the ordering actually speaks to sram because only sram can verify that its what you need.

With the right part the replacement is super simple when you have the right parts. Read the service manual pdf carefully. The wrong part just doesn't work. Get yourself some Slickoleum for lube and be careful not to lose the pawls!

FWIW the new shimano 10 speed driver is working great for me no regrets.

Thanks for the info Aurthor!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019562
Mobile Version of Website