Maxxis or schwalbe

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 6:13 Quote
What tyres for your am bike I currently have minions but thinking of going for a pair of magic Mary super gravity. Always had maxxis before

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 8:12 Quote
I have been running schwalbe recently because I like how the sg casing rides more than exo. I have to add 5 to 7 psi to the rear with exo to get it to stop rolling in the corners. Schwalbe does seem to flat easier for some reason.

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 10:12 Quote
Would you recommend swalable then or stick with maxxis

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 12:19 Quote
What tires ftom maxxis are you using currently?

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 15:32 Quote
Minion dhf and dhr . Also ran dhf and highroller in the past jus fancied the magic mary as they seem to have good reviews

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 17:23 Quote
Why limit yourself to just those two brands?

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 19:53 Quote
I spent 6 months on that combo and enjoyed it quite a bit, but when I switched to hans dampf and rock razor, it felt better to me. Rolled faster and better in the corners. For all around but deep mud, I recommend magic mary and rock razor. Hans dampf and magic mary are just to slow feeling for me on the back. I have a high roller 2 and minion ss waiting to go on when I want to try something new.

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 1:53 Quote
I really like the dhr 2 on the rear. Probably my favorite rear tire so far. Currently running a hr 2 on the rear. It's alright but feel more draggy than the dhr and less grip. I only ever ran a hr 2 dual compound on the front. It sucked ass big time. No grip at all on wet roots. Switched to a magic mary on the front. I have been running muddy Marys and hanz before and the magic marry is a pretty amazing tire on the front. I'll be running super gravity Mary and hanz once the new wheels arrive.
Exo doesn't do it for me. But snakeskin neither. I'd like to try a double down maxgrip dhf 2.5 in the future.
Sewalbe and maxxis are on paar imo, just depends on what your after. Dream combo for me would be mm sg vertstar and dhr 2 doubled own maxterra

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 4:09 Quote
Thanks for all the replys I like these brands as they are good price on crc at the moment. I don't like messing about switching all the time I jus looking for a combo I can fit and forget in uk conditions

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 6:40 Quote
Get the Mary on the front then

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 7:08 Quote
Jonesyzobarb wrote:
What tyres for your am bike I currently have minions but thinking of going for a pair of magic Mary super gravity. Always had maxxis before

On ENVE M70s, the pain of trying to get a Schwalbe Super Gravity mounted was enough to switch me to Maxxis. Great performing tires, though. The wear on the Magic Mary was also faster than I'd have expected. Interestingly the softest compound (VertStar) seemed to last longer. Using the TrailStar version I noticed the knobs breaking off disappointingly early.

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 11:18 Quote
If I go magic Mary trial star front what we recommend rear then another Mary or hand dampf .

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007166
Mobile Version of Website