Am I The Only One???

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
tkenn wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
im sure hes part of more than this thread. and im sure you have bit*hed about something before too
yeah. but hes wasting his time on this one! even if i have b!tched about something before, that doesnt matter.. it does not progress? your arguement at all!
this is rediculous. youre wrongSmile . shut it.
I am right, because my avatar is yellow so HAH!

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
tkenn wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
so? you can express what you feel online, especially on pb where everyone has an opinion

*whistle* right over your head! ahhhhh was just saying that this thread was started saying how much of a waste of time video games are.... but the person complaining is wasting time on the computer..
are you a real person? if so then how am i wasting my time? you are 100% more real than the pixels on a screen when you are playing video games. and if that is all the case then this is not a waste of time.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
besoshort wrote:
tkenn wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
so? you can express what you feel online, especially on pb where everyone has an opinion

*whistle* right over your head! ahhhhh was just saying that this thread was started saying how much of a waste of time video games are.... but the person complaining is wasting time on the computer..
are you a real person? if so then how am i wasting my time? you are 100% more real than the pixels on a screen when you are playing video games. and if that is all the case then this is not a waste of time.

you are wasting your time because you're sitting at a computer, doing mothing productive... just complaining about wasting time.
me playing video games IS a waste of time. but i enjoy doing it and dont care if its a waste.
how is that not easy to see?? ..unless of course i totally misunderstood you

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
besoshort wrote:
tkenn wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:

Alright, how bout this. Would you rather people shoot each other with m4a1's and ak47's in a game, or at your school?

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 22:18 Quote
floreancig14 wrote:
besoshort wrote:
tkenn wrote:

Alright, how bout this. Would you rather people shoot each other with m4a1's and ak47's in a game, or at your school?
well seeing as i would go to jail and waste a lot more time by actualy doing it. i would have to go with neither. again pushing buttons just doesn't plesae me. i'd rather be biking, talkin to my friends, building dj's, designing frames on 3d modeling software, editing my video's , working on my bikes, working at my job or seeing what ppl have to say on pinkbike.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
Yes, but people don't just game, some people that game and don't go out should think of regulating how much they play, but when you game like, an hour or 2 every odd day, nothing wrong with that.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
hcg1 wrote:
I game every once and a while. But I dont know how you guys can argue that its not a waste of time. Sure its fun, or no one would do it, but you accomplish nothing doing it. Its a complete waste of time, and its hard to argue otherwise. Not saying no one should game, hell I love ripping up the collin mcrae rally games with wheel on xbox, but it doesnt make me a better driver..

I just picked this quote because it is the general idea of everyones argument. Some would say that biking is a complete waste of time. Yeah you get a little fitness out of it. Other than that you achieve absouletly nothing. Gaming it stimulates your mind and provides entertainment like biking. Sure you can be really good at a video game and nothing comes of it, same with biking, you do it for the sake of entertainment. If you ride for a day you come away a slight bit fitter but you still have nothing else tangible. I love gaming during the winter i play alot of Halo because it gives me something to do when its too cold to ride and im not working on school related stuff or snowboarding. Im not really for people playing games for hours on end just wanted to debate.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
Gaming is entertaining, it stimulates your mind, it improves reflexes and certain types of nervous coordination, and is very didactic. I tell you right now, had I not been a very avid videogamer, I probably wouldn't speak English at this level; I learnt a lot of phrases and vocabulary out of games, both console and PC alike, and have made countless friends through online games (some of who I've met in real life and/or have become good friends with). Videogaming isn't a waste of time, it's as useful as biking if you make it be. Likewise, you could say videogaming is as useless as biking, since if you don't take into account the positives of videogaming (which may even be a little more than those of biking) then we can just assume the positives of biking to be negligible.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
forsure, chat up about new games and so on with people you would really never talk too, def. improve reflexes not all, but those FPS like COD and CSS, forsure have helped me alot in sports and shit. Meet new people all over the world, blow some time, challenge yourself, and vg's are just so much fun!!!

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
dirtbiker327 wrote:
hcg1 wrote:
I game every once and a while. But I dont know how you guys can argue that its not a waste of time. Sure its fun, or no one would do it, but you accomplish nothing doing it. Its a complete waste of time, and its hard to argue otherwise. Not saying no one should game, hell I love ripping up the collin mcrae rally games with wheel on xbox, but it doesnt make me a better driver..

I just picked this quote because it is the general idea of everyones argument. Some would say that biking is a complete waste of time. Yeah you get a little fitness out of it. Other than that you achieve absouletly nothing. Gaming it stimulates your mind and provides entertainment like biking. Sure you can be really good at a video game and nothing comes of it, same with biking, you do it for the sake of entertainment. If you ride for a day you come away a slight bit fitter but you still have nothing else tangible. I love gaming during the winter i play alot of Halo because it gives me something to do when its too cold to ride and im not working on school related stuff or snowboarding. Im not really for people playing games for hours on end just wanted to debate.
you pose a very reasonable arguement. unlike the first or so people.
there are many reasons why i think biking is more rewarding than video gaming. for starters people become fitter and gain endurance to carry on into everyday life situations. it's also nice to be able to impress people and do things not everyone can do. i could take a 8 year old girl and put her on an x box and in 10 minutes she'll be figuring everything out and "performing" similar actions that a 20 or 30 year old can do. with biking you have to work for your skills for years and years. you meet people straight up in person. It also keeps people from doing things like drugs and other undesirable hobbies for the love of their sport. people travel to far off places to ride different types of terrain and conditions. it's peacefull and adrenaline rushing at the same time and it's the best feeling in the world on the right day. there are carrers in the area suck as filming, editing, 3d modeling, jump building in parks. sponsered riders are admired by thousands of people around the world. when a person is really really "good" at video games they are often thought of as a loser with no life and people want nothing to do with them. biking developes reflexes too. it better or we'd be in big trouble when we slip up on some roots or start falling off a tall skinny. it's not like we can just push reset on reql life. it something i just can't stand a about video games. if it's not real why waste your time doing it?
just a few thoughts.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
besoshort wrote:
dirtbiker327 wrote:
hcg1 wrote:

there are many reasons why i think biking is more rewarding than video gaming. for starters people become fitter and gain endurance to carry on into everyday life situations. it's also nice to be able to impress people and do things not everyone can do. i could take a 8 year old girl and put her on an x box and in 10 minutes she'll be figuring everything out and "performing" similar actions that a 20 or 30 year old can do. with biking you have to work for your skills for years and years. you meet people straight up in person. It also keeps people from doing things like drugs and other undesirable hobbies for the love of their sport. people travel to far off places to ride different types of terrain and conditions. it's peacefull and adrenaline rushing at the same time and it's the best feeling in the world on the right day. there are carrers in the area suck as filming, editing, 3d modeling, jump building in parks. sponsered riders are admired by thousands of people around the world. when a person is really really "good" at video games they are often thought of as a loser with no life and people want nothing to do with them. biking developes reflexes too. it better or we'd be in big trouble when we slip up on some roots or start falling off a tall skinny. it's not like we can just push reset on reql life. it something i just can't stand a about video games. if it's not real why waste your time doing it?
just a few thoughts.

You cant say that you couldnt make a career out of gaming though. If you are a dedicated gamer you could make a living off of it or do something in the gaming industry just like biking.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
dirtbiker327 wrote:
besoshort wrote:
dirtbiker327 wrote:

just a few thoughts.

You cant say that you couldnt make a career out of gaming though. If you are a dedicated gamer you could make a living off of it or do something in the gaming industry just like biking.
i know but it's not as socialy shuning imo.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
besoshort wrote:

Actually, I can guarantee you there are many more gamers then bikers, and I know many people that thing biking is "ghey" and a waste of time.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
floreancig14 wrote:
besoshort wrote:

Actually, I can guarantee you there are many more gamers then bikers, and I know many people that thing biking is "ghey" and a waste of time.
becasue gaming is easier and more people can do it because it takes 1/10 of the skill and time to get good at. therefore ten times the people do it. it's a dificulty to participation ratio that i'm prety sure is gonna be pretty close.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
besoshort wrote:
dirtbiker327 wrote:
besoshort wrote:

just a few thoughts.

Well when I ride I usally talk to no one since I have no one to ride with, But when I game I talk to other people online or friends that play.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038126
Mobile Version of Website