Offical Atomlab thread tough as hell

PB Forum :: Other
Offical Atomlab thread tough as hell
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 18:19 Quote
savage26 wrote:
gmhracer wrote:
savage26 wrote:
hey guys, so ive had my rims for a while now and keep having this problem where the bolts that hold my back wheel on and keep my chain tight are sliping out of place!! it was the worst on my trip to tahoe. i was riding the big set at northstar and when i landed the bolt instantly sliped causing my wheel to go sidways and lock up completely, wich sent me over the bars!! and this happened 3 - 5 times!! does any one experience this same problem or know how to fix this?!?! its driving me nuts cause i dont have confidence in my bike any more!!

If your still having a problem, Call into Atomlab and ask for Matt or Chris. They will be able to help you out with any problems. Or you can PM me and I will try to also help as I do work there as well.

alright sick thanx you guys for your help so much!!

No worries yah talk to them because i've actually never used/examined the hub very close all those things were just guesses!. They will def be able to help you Smile atomlab guys have great customer service,

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 at 2:52 Quote
anyone know what the 3" gi bars are like?

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 at 2:57 Quote
samm1 wrote:
^someone saw them on trade me for really cheap ^
im surpirised noone has brought all of there stuff on trademe

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 at 14:02 Quote
kierbeer wrote:
samm1 wrote:
^someone saw them on trade me for really cheap ^
im surpirised noone has brought all of there stuff on trademe

yeah aye, i just brought those bars of them. i'm thinking about getting the gi60 fork aswell.

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 at 14:08 Quote
id rather the pimp60s. i was thinkin bout getting the chrome 3" bars and pimplite cranx

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 at 14:14 Quote
kierbeer wrote:
id rather the pimp60s. i was thinkin bout getting the chrome 3" bars and pimplite cranx

yeah true, but for me at the moment $50 saving would be useful. the chrome ones are so sweet i was gonna get em but i need a 22.2 clamp size. pimplite cranks are sick aswell

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:55 Quote
i broke 2 atomlab pimplite stem and cracked my 2010 pimplite crank, but i still love atomlab productsSmile

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 at 15:43 Quote
grease2 wrote:
i broke 2 atomlab pimplite stem and cracked my 2010 pimplite crank, but i still love atomlab productsSmile
I rode the Aircorp 150mm hub for 1.5 years and the pawls gave out. Atomlab sent me a whole set of pawls for FREE! I am very happy with their customer service. If you can get through to them on the phone, they will give you the world. It is just a matter of calling up at the right time.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 14:36 Quote
hey every body. i have a question thats been on my mind for a while now. is it normal for my front wheel (atomlab pimp lite) to have a heavy spot in it?? cause its really getting anoying now!! its like spinning a lop sided ball in the air. thats what my front wheel feels like. this problem really stands out when im bombing down streets or when im doing dirt jumps. so ya is there a way to eliminate this problem??

thanx

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 16:58 Quote
savage26 wrote:
hey every body. i have a question thats been on my mind for a while now. is it normal for my front wheel (atomlab pimp lite) to have a heavy spot in it?? cause its really getting anoying now!! its like spinning a lop sided ball in the air. thats what my front wheel feels like. this problem really stands out when im bombing down streets or when im doing dirt jumps. so ya is there a way to eliminate this problem??

thanx
hey, savage 26,
i doubt that is the case, i would bet on the problem being the tire. If it does prove to be the wheel, I would bet you have a bad bearing in your hub. I am almost 100% positive it is not the rim. The only way to know for sure though, is to take of the tire, tube, and rim tape, and put the wheel in a truing stand. spin the wheel gently (very very gently) just enough to get it moving, and watch where it falls. mark the spot where it stops, and repeat 5 times. If it falls in the same spot every time, you have a problem. (it is only really a problem though if the it finds the "center" quickly, if it takes a while, and it lands in another place once or twice, than it is not the problem.)
- giancarlo

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 17:27 Quote
bighit1212 wrote:
savage26 wrote:

thanx
hey, savage 26,
i doubt that is the case, i would bet on the problem being the tire. If it does prove to be the wheel, I would bet you have a bad bearing in your hub. I am almost 100% positive it is not the rim. The only way to know for sure though, is to take of the tire, tube, and rim tape, and put the wheel in a truing stand. spin the wheel gently (very very gently) just enough to get it moving, and watch where it falls. mark the spot where it stops, and repeat 5 times. If it falls in the same spot every time, you have a problem. (it is only really a problem though if the it finds the "center" quickly, if it takes a while, and it lands in another place once or twice, than it is not the problem.)
- giancarlo

wow i feel stupid i never even thought about it being the tire haha. ill try what you said to do and let you know what happens. thanx - Jered

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 16:08 Quote
photo

my atomlab trailking

photo

atomlab pimplite crank starting to crack after 5 months, still no replacementFrown

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 at 21:52 Quote
grease2 wrote:
photo

my atomlab trailking

photo

atomlab pimplite crank starting to crack after 5 months, still no replacementFrown

keep trying to call in, and or make sure you send a email to the owner.

I will give you his email if you send me a message about it.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 at 6:47 Quote
I got a custom build rear wheel from them not to long ago. I keep having the spokes loosen up. Is this normal for this wheel? I never had a wheel loosen up so often I have to go threw it after just about every ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022411
Mobile Version of Website