Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 10:34 Quote
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/time-z-freeride-pedals/

Those... they are awesome. I always had an issue with Shimano pedals and unclipping coming out of the gate and these I havn't had one issue at all...

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 10:35 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Nothing wrong with an old school Pike!

They are heavy as. I have some air Sketor's on borrow to my GF atm so when i get those back I will be putting those back on to shed some weight.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 11:22 Quote
Jonny121 wrote:

Those... they are awesome. I always had an issue with Shimano pedals and unclipping coming out of the gate and these I havn't had one issue at all...

interesting Smile

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 11:52 Quote
Jonny121 wrote:

Even with the tension spring fully loaded? Never had an issue with DX SPD pedals

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 11:56 Quote
christiaan wrote:
Jonny121 wrote:

Even with the tension spring fully loaded? Never had an issue with DX SPD pedals

Yeah fully tightened and 52 cleats..... The time ones have a lot more float so I must twist my foot slightly when I snap

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 17:55 Quote
I have a pair of Time pedals from 2007 and they still are like the day I installed them. They have been raced on bikes from BMX,4x, Slalom, Enduro, and bike parks with no issues. The only thing replaced have been the cleats. Very durable product.

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
I may have missed this but how many people ride clipped in versus flats when racing?

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 at 16:55 Quote
Hardly any people race flats

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 at 20:20 Quote
unless is mad crazy muddy you lose so much on starts when on flats

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 at 21:49 Quote
Flats
Gate skills
BOOM!

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2014 at 22:04 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Flats
Gate skills
BOOM!
lol

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 at 22:59 Quote
theres a reason a good 98% of BMX racers who are old enough to ride clips, ride clips. its faster. plain and simple.

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 1:39 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
theres a reason a good 98% of BMX racers who are old enough to ride clips, ride clips. its faster. plain and simple.

Except,
This is 4X, with mud,gravel,rocks
For me personally.. The ability to dab a foot instead of crash an loose a moto as I've seen with many clipped riders... Is worth more than a Tiny gate advantage
One clipped rider could consistantly out gate me this season where as. I could consistantly out gate All the other clipped riders

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 1:52 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

Except,
This is 4X, with mud,gravel,rocks
For me personally.. The ability to dab a foot instead of crash an loose a moto as I've seen with many clipped riders... Is worth more than a Tiny gate advantage
One clipped rider could consistantly out gate me this season where as. I could consistantly out gate All the other clipped riders

I have not run clipless since my bike went one way and my leg went another. In the one race held anywhere near me this year, I was the only one in my class on flats and was consistently out front of everyone out of the gate. If you can ride flats properly, you can out gate and out sprint anyone you go against.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 14:41 Quote
how many people in this thread race professionally and ride flats?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027409
Mobile Version of Website