Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 3:06 Quote
Joebohobo wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
tstep3 wrote:

you don't have to race for a living to race in the pro/elite class. And I'll even go further and say how many pro riders have you seen racing on flats?

Well I'm considering moving up to pro/elite for our winter.series as there's no 40+ cat just 30+...

So that would be me, and a few others doing the same
On flats

At the end of the day clips are faster for the majority of riders. I find that I can't gate anywhere near as good on flats as clips and it gives me far more than a 'tiny' advantage. You can still easily dab your foot down with clips, you just clip out... If they weren't faster and didn't have any advantage then nobody would run them, it's just they are advantageous so the majority of people do run them

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.theagedp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 6:12 Quote
If you're riding flats, you're riding for fun, not riding to be competitive. So long as you know that and don't give a f*ck, all the power to you.

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 7:18 Quote
Even just free riding on my Dh bike when I still had it I was more confident on clips than I ever was on flats. Even when getting mad sideways off jumps.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 10:06 Quote
i dont race but ride clips and know loads of people who dont race and ride clips

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 13:47 Quote
Well I'll defina try them went out today for a trial run on the bike ended up in A&E now have 2 fractured elbows!

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 1:38 Quote
sherbet wrote:
If you're riding flats, you're riding for fun, not riding to be competitive. So long as you know that and don't give a f*ck, all the power to you.

Yeah winning is fun.......

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 10:32 Quote
Schism14 wrote:
Well I'll defina try them went out today for a trial run on the bike ended up in A&E now have 2 fractured elbows!

oh thats unlucky man at least its the winter now Jail

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 17:53 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Schism14 wrote:

what is this 'winter' you speak of

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 23:12 Quote
I would say there are probably half a dozen guys at most who make a living just from 4X. The word 'pro' is heavily over used in sports.

Oh and they would all be clipped in

topic

Ready for nationals.....
  Ready for nationals.....
[/Quote]

Where are these Nationals you speak of Hayden4X????

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 1:03 Quote
hayden4x wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:
Schism14 wrote:

what is this 'winter' you speak of

uk Madder

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 2:05 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
I would say there are probably half a dozen guys at most who make a living just from 4X. The word 'pro' is heavily over used in sports.

Oh and they would all be clipped in

topic

Ready for nationals.....
  Ready for nationals.....

Where are these Nationals you speak of Hayden4X????[/Quote]

Old photo

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 3:19 Quote
Old photo[/Quote]

dammit, had my hopes up there Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 8:43 Quote
seeing as there is a lack of 4X related threads on here anyone mind if i post a few questions here?

1. what forks would you all recommend for a Nukeproof snap?

2. I'm running a Generator wheel set but ideally want something lighter that won't break the bank, any suggestions?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 9:06 Quote
not sure about wheels but forks... fox 32 floats or rockshox argyle or reba

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021745
Mobile Version of Website