Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
I know, it's absurd how fun that bike was. Everything about it was nimble.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 3:36 Quote
seraph wrote:
I don't ride or race 4X but I've owned quite a few "play bikes" over the years. I keep coming back to slalom/4X bikes because they're so damn fun.

My current project is a full Blur 4X rebuild with X01DH/GX DH, SRAM 900 hubs on Flow rims, Level TLM brakes, Ikon Race tires, and Kashima Fox all around.

Here's the fork for it:
photo

Frame is off getting painted and decal'd at the moment. Will post more when it comes back.

Looks unreal with those decals. I might have to do that to mine!! Cool

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
seraph wrote:
I think it looks fun.

Interestingly, one of the most fun bikes I've ever owned was a Mongoose slalom bike. Weird team parts build. Steep head angle, super twitchy.

photo

I loved mine, but finally got rid of it because I was never ridding it :/

ECX

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
So I'm looking to build a new slalom bike for this season and have been trying to decide between a couple options. The bikes I'm looking at are:

2014 Commencal Meta 4x Size Large
2013 Specialized Enduro SX Size Long
2013 Intense Tazer VP FRO Size M/L

2013 Meta 4X Credits COMMENCAL Sam Decout
Specialized Enduro SX
New slope bike. Might be a keeper

Since not many people own 4x bikes, I've never really ran into these bikes and have never gotten to ride them. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm really looking for something long, low, and fast with room in the cockpit. Essentially trail bike room but snappy geo. I also want something with good rear tire clearance where I can fit a DH tire (I like to run Continental Der Kaisers).

What do you guys think? I'm also open to suggestions.
(also slightly considering a transition triple but not a fan of the bb pivot)

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 23:04 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
So I'm looking to build a new slalom bike for this season and have been trying to decide between a couple options. The bikes I'm looking at are:

2013 Meta 4X Credits COMMENCAL Sam Decout
Specialized Enduro SX
New slope bike. Might be a keeper

Since not many people own 4x bikes, I've never really ran into these bikes and have never gotten to ride them. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm really looking for something long, low, and fast with room in the cockpit. Essentially trail bike room but snappy geo. I also want something with good rear tire clearance where I can fit a DH tire (I like to run Continental Der Kaisers).

What do you guys think? I'm also open to suggestions.
(also slightly considering a transition triple but not a fan of the bb pivot)

Get the Specialized Enduro SX, i have owned several Tazers and they are nice but the sx is the best 4x play bike I have ever ridden, and I had most 4x bikes. It is long low and just works do well. It by far the 4x bike with the longest cockpit that is available. The tazer is really heavy and rides heavier than the SX. If you go for a Tazer, def get a long.

Commencal I never tried, bit they can be had fairly cheap.

I was def not a fan of the yeti 4x, the limited edition was ok but I never really got along with the 4x the DJ rode alot better

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 23:19 Quote
[Quote="brightbmx"]So I'm looking to build a new slalom bike for this season and have been trying to decide between a couple options. The bikes I'm looking at are:

I'd suggest the Tazer... but would also suggest considering Yeti 4X or Transition Triple....

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 23:33 Quote
I'd go for the Commy as they pedal like a rocket an the SX is SUPER expensive/rare

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
Commencal is hard to beat for the price and fun factor, coming from someone who has taken both a Tazer and Commencal round a track a couple of times.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 1:55 Quote
My vote is also for the Enduro SX.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 2:17 Quote
there was an SX on the bay recently but the guy wanted like £1800 for a frame!!

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
I appreciate all the advice so far!
Seems like they're all solid choices and opinions are all over the place which is awesome from my perspective. Lots of info.

To add some info/fuel to the fire:
1. All 3 bikes would be as completes and are the same exact price (to the exact dollar)
2. I'm not really looking for do-it-all play bike. I'm really looking for an absolute race steed. I tossed up the idea of a hardtail but the track really doesn't suit them. Far too rough-cut.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 3:47 Quote
in that case, the SX

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 3:49 Quote
Th
brightbmx wrote:
I appreciate all the advice so far!
Seems like they're all solid choices and opinions are all over the place which is awesome from my perspective. Lots of info.

To add some info/fuel to the fire:
1. All 3 bikes would be as completes and are the same exact price (to the exact dollar)
2. I'm not really looking for do-it-all play bike. I'm really looking for an absolute race steed. I tossed up the idea of a hardtail but the track really doesn't suit them. Far too rough-cut.

Then definitely get the SX for sure, it is a 4x weapon

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
1100 pages and I’ve never posted one of my bikes Geek

My last couple builds:
None
None
None

And my current race bikes:
Graves replica DJ
None

Project midlife crisis carbon beast
None

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
That replica DJ is sexy.. My DJ is getting pretty beat and I am considering commissioning someone to do a replica paint job on it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035272
Mobile Version of Website