Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
AntN wrote:
So jealous hearing about you guys preparing for a season of 4X.
No such luxury here. Cry

No it f*cking sucks here in Oz!! MTBA should bring back 4X and run a national series again. Or allow smaller promoters to run them with MTBA endorsement

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
AntN wrote:
So jealous hearing about you guys preparing for a season of 4X.
No such luxury here. Cry

No it f*cking sucks here in Oz!! MTBA should bring back 4X and run a national series again. Or allow smaller promoters to run them with MTBA endorsement

The reason they stopped running events was because no one was showing up to support them. I did the last national series in 2012 and the numbers were embarrassing.

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
So I threw up my Yeti a couple weeks ago thinking about running it for slalom but the geo was pretty wrong. The front was just way too low and the bb was too tall. I then thought about just running my DJ bike but the thing doesn't have a derailleur hanger and has a spanish bb (can't throw on a mtb chainring). I've been sitting on some DMR chain tugs that have a hanger so file them down to fit and got a Profile Racing spider and the thing seems to work prety well. Took it to the BMX track last night and it rips. Weighs ~27lbs

Built up for slalom

Frame: Deity Cryptkeeper V2
Fork: Fox 36 831
Wheels: E13 TRS+
Tires: Continental Der Kaiser 2.4
Bars: Deity CZ38
Stem: Deity Cavity 50mm
Grips: Sensus Swayze
Cranks: Deity Vendetta V3
BB: Deity Armada
Pedals: DMR Vault
Seatpost: Deity
Seat: Volume Broc Raiford Nautical
Chainring: Raceface NW 32t
Spider: Profile Racing Spider Bolt-On
Chain Tugs: DMR Chain Tug and Mech Hanger
Cassette: Ultegra 11-25t
Derailleur: Shimano Saint 10spd
Shifter: Shimano Saint 10 spd
Chain: Shimano XT
Brakes Shimano XT
Rotors: Galfer 160R/180F

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 2:47 Quote
I used to have a v2 cryptkeeper as my jump bike. Absolutely loved the geo on it. Kinda regret selling it after seeing yours

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
welshboy96 wrote:
I used to have a v2 cryptkeeper as my jump bike. Absolutely loved the geo on it. Kinda regret selling it after seeing yours
They're pretty sweet. I've kinda been looking at replacing it but every other bike I hop on just doesn't feel the same.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Reminds me of my old Suburban.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
welshboy96 wrote:
They're pretty sweet. I've kinda been looking at replacing it but every other bike I hop on just doesn't feel the same.

I replaced mine with an airdrop fade. Pretty similar geometry but a longer reach. going from xl downhill bikes the bike felt a bit too cramped and too much of a change, not had chance to ride the airdrop properly yet but first impressions are good

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
christiaan wrote:

The original black with silver decals looked alot better, plus the fork is a bit burly, not really 4x parts, way overpriced though, frame sold not long aho on pb for 450 usd

Sour grapes...lol.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
Hey everyone, I could really use some help finding a nice rear hub that can fit a 7 speed cassette. Complete 26” wheels would also work! I’m gonna be using a box one 7 speed if that helps

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
Mypeenhurts wrote:
Hey everyone, I could really use some help finding a nice rear hub that can fit a 7 speed cassette. Complete 26” wheels would also work! I’m gonna be using a box one 7 speed if that helps

Depending how wide the box cassette is. It may fit on a hope pro4 hub.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
Mypeenhurts wrote:

The Box 7-speed cassette will fit on any HG spline hub. So the world is your oyster when it comes to hub options. Only the SRAM XG-795 requires an XD driver.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
The coolguy move is to get a singlespeed hub and cram gears on there, though that typically limits you to 5-6.

Turner 4X Hadley Singlespeed rear wheel with 5 11 XTR M9000 cogs

This Hadley SS will fit 6 11-speed cogs and a spacer.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
seraph wrote:
Mypeenhurts wrote:

The Box 7-speed cassette will fit on any HG spline hub. So the world is your oyster when it comes to hub options. Only the SRAM XG-795 requires an XD driver.

My bad. Was talking about the pro4ss hub. Phone did some autocorrecting. The regular pro4 will fit any cassette that is hg or if you get the xd driver. The pro4ss will fit 6 or 7 gears depending what spd you run

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 18:52 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
seraph wrote:
Mypeenhurts wrote:

My bad. Was talking about the pro4ss hub. Phone did some autocorrecting. The regular pro4 will fit any cassette that is hg or if you get the xd driver. The pro4ss will fit 6 or 7 gears depending what spd you run

Right, but the Box cassette comes with a spacer to take up the extra space behind the 7 cogs, so it's designed to work on a regular geared HG freehub body.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019499
Mobile Version of Website