Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 21:41 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Any of y'all (Christiaan in particular lol) tried the Commencal Absolut SX in long? The recent one, with 150mm spacing. Really interesting bike on paper.

No I have not, looks fun though, except for the rear hub spacing

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 2:17 Quote
I've only ever seen one in the wild an it was a French rider at a UK 4X race! rare as!

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
Thought I'd post my current project. 2010 Yeti DJ slalom/4x bike and Fox 831 team model. I've got a set of i9 trail wheels going on and Sram X0 cranks. Shimano Saint drivetrain (SS set up too for DJ) and XT brakes. Continental Race King tires (Der Kaisers for racing). Deity cockpit and Chromag seat.

2010 Yeti DJ

Found the frame from a seller who bought it new in 2010 and never built it. It sat in the original bubble wrap in the original box for 10 years. I do need to get a new headset for it so if anyone knows the cup sizes that would be super helpful.

Waiting on a couple arts and then she'll be ready to start building!

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 0:32 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
Thought I'd post my current project. 2010 Yeti DJ slalom/4x bike and Fox 831 team model. I've got a set of i9 trail wheels going on and Sram X0 cranks. Shimano Saint drivetrain (SS set up too for DJ) and XT brakes. Continental Race King tires (Der Kaisers for racing). Deity cockpit and Chromag seat.

2010 Yeti DJ

Found the frame from a seller who bought it new in 2010 and never built it. It sat in the original bubble wrap in the original box for 10 years. I do need to get a new headset for it so if anyone knows the cup sizes that would be super helpful.

WOW, score of the century. post progress.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 1:24 Quote
Awesome find!

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
brightbmx wrote:

2010 Yeti DJ

You eed a normal 1 1/8” external upper cup and a 1.5 external lower cup, chris king used to have these

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 22:15 Quote
edsleadsleds wrote:
2014 Intense Tazer FRO VPP
Nice! I'm a fan!

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
I'd like to try out a vp fro.
How does it ride?

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 17:28 Quote
J1BB wrote:
How does it ride?
Contact me if you are ever in Los Angeles and you could take it for a spin
Really amazing.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 3:13 Quote
edsleadsleds wrote:
J1BB wrote:
How does it ride?
Contact me if you are ever in Los Angeles and you could take it for a spin
Really amazing.
Can't see that happening soon but I will do!Salute

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 6:28 Quote
Can confirm that the FRO rides pretty amazing.

I don't think I've ever posted this thing here. Just cleaned it up and did some long overdue work as I'm stuck at home. Suspension service, brakes, etc. Might be putting a pike DJ on it when summer comes around and I can ride this thing again.

Also am looking for a derailleur hanger for this thing if by chance anyone has an extra. None of the aftermarket ones fit quite right.

Tazer FRO

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
Hot shit right there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.036424
Mobile Version of Website