Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
Love the 2008 XXXX, I drooled over those for a long time. That was the black and white one with the silver rocker link right?

Would still love to own one but unfortunately they rarely come up for sale. I vote you build the PBJ so I can buy the 4x off you!

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
I found a 2007-ish Chameleon complete for sale on the Buy/Sell for pretty cheap and I'm very tempted. My last Chameleon was a blast.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
seraph wrote:
I found a 2007-ish Chameleon complete for sale on the Buy/Sell for pretty cheap and I'm very tempted. My last Chameleon was a blast.
The more builds for this thread the better Beer

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Love the 2008 XXXX, I drooled over those for a long time. That was the black and white one with the silver rocker link right?

Would still love to own one but unfortunately they rarely come up for sale. I vote you build the PBJ so I can buy the 4x off you!

Yes thats it, black frame, white forks and silver rocker. There's a pic in my album.... Will try and post it in this thread when I'm on my pc tomorrow.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
Oeps I did it again...

In the process of building this up(yes another one)

Have all the parts sorted now, 21 pike dj, g2 ultimate, enve bar post, thomson stem x01 dh 7sp on single speed king hub etc.

Should be good and they sure are fun

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
Who better to keep the thread going tup

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 15:47 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Who better to keep the thread going tup

Christiaan is consistent. I even follow him on Instagram.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
christiaan wrote:

Have all the parts sorted now, 21 pike dj, g2 ultimate, enve bar post, thomson stem x01 dh 7sp on single speed king hub etc.

Just curious, how do you fit an X01 7spd cassette on a single speed hub?
Or are you using the 7spd derailleur as a tensioner ina ss set up? Mybe I'm misunderstanding.

Either way sick build! I'm excited to see the outcome!

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 0:16 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
christiaan wrote:

Or are you using the 7spd derailleur as a tensioner ina ss set up? Mybe I'm misunderstanding.

He isn't saying he'll use the X01 DH cassette, he's saying he's using an X01 DH shifter and derailleur. If I recall correctly he's using a custom 7-speed cluster.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 1:36 Quote
seraph wrote:
brightbmx wrote:
christiaan wrote:

He isn't saying he'll use the X01 DH cassette, he's saying he's using an X01 DH shifter and derailleur. If I recall correctly he's using a custom 7-speed cluster.

I am using modified XTR 11sp cogs to fit the singlespeed body, I think I can fit 5 cog on it, pic in my album, should work fine with the 7sp as that is based on 11sp too

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered 7 cogs from a 10 speed cassette fit on a Hope Pro 2 single speed hub.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
Got the same thing going on with my Hadley SS, 5/11 XTR 9000 cogs.

Christiaan's case is a bit harder though, the CK SS hub doesn't use a normal HG spline so he has to modify his XTR cassette before he can install it. Brave.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 7:39 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Got the same thing going on with my Hadley SS, 5/11 XTR 9000 cogs.

Christiaan's case is a bit harder though, the CK SS hub doesn't use a normal HG spline so he has to modify his XTR cassette before he can install it. Brave.

Already done by a friend of mine
Although the smallest makes the lockring wear out so may go to 4 cogs
Oeps I did it again...

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009657
Mobile Version of Website