Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 1:47 Quote
Yeah there isnt a track hereFrown but my buddies and I have a little spot that we built. it comes with a spare shock and the headset

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 2:00 Quote
photo
I raced this a few years back.

Whether you have a track and can race or not, they're such a fun bike to play around on. You'll love it!!!

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 2:51 Quote
The diamondback 4cross are fun bikes, got a frame last year for $300 and built it up for jumps and the pump track. Here it is set up for a bit of trail as well.

Currently have it with a 2.1 back and 2.3 front tire. I want a bit custom with a 110mm fork and shorter shock for around 85mm for rear travel. wanted a lower bb and slacker HA.
photo

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
That's so sick! Im excited for mine!! Anyone got some forks i can buy off them? I don't like the circus and it's my only 26 fork atm

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
dv8cam wrote:
photo

2013 Supercross Propel. Awesome!
Bit of a gravedig, but has anyone ridden one of these? I have the chance to snag one for a pretty good price.

I've always wanted to build up a 4x dually play bike, but frames are so scarce these days they're going for top dollar.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
I'd love to know. It's been just outside my short list. Take one for the team and find out.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 20:13 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I'd love to know. It's been just outside my short list. Take one for the team and find out.
Agreed, bit of a fringe player. Doesn't have the cache of a Yeti 4x, Spesh SX, etc., but price is accordingly more reasonable and it has a good tubeset/decent geo. The frame doesn't come with a shock and I no longer own any 26/27.5 wheels or forks, so by the time I end up sourcing everything it will still be decently expensive. Not a bike I would use often, but I have always wanted one. Decisions, decisions...

I really wish manufacturers were still making these frames, but with tapered headtubes for modern forks, larger diameter seatposts for a dropper, and through axles.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 0:35 Quote
scotteh wrote:
crs-one wrote:
Agreed, bit of a fringe player. Doesn't have the cache of a Yeti 4x, Spesh SX, etc., but price is accordingly more reasonable and it has a good tubeset/decent geo. The frame doesn't come with a shock and I no longer own any 26/27.5 wheels or forks, so by the time I end up sourcing everything it will still be decently expensive. Not a bike I would use often, but I have always wanted one. Decisions, decisions...

I really wish manufacturers were still making these frames, but with tapered headtubes for modern forks, larger diameter seatposts for a dropper, and through axles.

The diamondback 4cross has a tapered headtubes, larger diameter seatposts, and through axle. Not as good of geo as the the SX.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
justm wrote:
The diamondback 4cross has a tapered headtubes, larger diameter seatposts, and through axle. Not as good of geo as the the SX.
I would love a Dreamliner, such a sick frame. I have been watching for them but have only seen small frames pop up.

Another frame that has all the modern features that I would kill for is the Pivot M4X. I got super jazzed a little while ago because it was still listed on the Pivot site, but it turns out it was an error.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
justm wrote:
The diamondback 4cross are fun bikes, got a frame last year for $300 and built it up for jumps and the pump track. Here it is set up for a bit of trail as well.

Currently have it with a 2.1 back and 2.3 front tire. I want a bit custom with a 110mm fork and shorter shock for around 85mm for rear travel. wanted a lower bb and slacker HA.
photo

Very nice do you remember the shock length and stroke length you used to shorten the back travel?

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
scotteh wrote:
dv8cam wrote:
photo

2013 Supercross Propel. Awesome!
Bit of a gravedig, but has anyone ridden one of these? I have the chance to snag one for a pretty good price.

I've always wanted to build up a 4x dually play bike, but frames are so scarce these days they're going for top dollar.

That was my bike it was fun to ride a bit short for my 6' tall height but I do like the simplicity of this suspension design.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
4x bikes were downcountry bikes before downcountry was a thing.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
27.5" 4X bikes with droppers, pure flow trail downcountry machines.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
seraph wrote:
27.5" 4X bikes with droppers, pure flow trail downcountry machines.

Santa cruz 5010, evil calling.....

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
I'll be the first to say; 5010 is a stupid fun bike, but a 4x bike it is not. It's not as low speed agile.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026073
Mobile Version of Website