Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Author Message
Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Seraph, what happened to your Blur 4x? That was an absolute beauty!

I sold it a while back. It was sweet but the geometry just wasn't what I wanted it to be.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
seraph wrote:
scotteh wrote:
Seraph, what happened to your Blur 4x? That was an absolute beauty!

I sold it a while back. It was sweet but the geometry just wasn't what I wanted it to be.

It’s amazing how far bikes have come.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 15:05 Quote
seraph wrote:
I wonder if it would be an ok trail bike if I put a 120mm fork and an AXS dropper on.

Going back to 26" is a rude awakening of how much bigger wheels help out on the trails. Still have fun with this guy on mellow trails though.

Morewood Ndizia with new dropper and flat pedals for DJ s XTR s for actual trail riding . Guess it s now a downcountry bike...

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Saw someone trying to sell a frame only one of those on eBay the middle of last year for about £1800 or something daft.

That guy has been selling that for years. It hasn't dropped in price since I first seen it ages ago. Don't understand those kind of people.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 0:50 Quote
Quick question...ive heard the term "short shocking" a bike.
What is that and the benefits?

Cheers

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
losidan wrote:
Quick question...ive heard the term "short shocking" a bike.
What is that and the benefits?

Cheers

Reducing eye to eye/stroke to reduce travel and slacken and slacken angles

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 3:12 Quote
Anyone else see the HT on Jeff Stebers instagram?
Would love for a raw frame to go into production

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Anyone else see the HT on Jeff Stebers instagram?
Would love for a raw frame to go into production

Too bad the boss he hired for himself probably won’t let him make it.

He should go the Geometron & Nicolai route and just go back to producing locally made high end aluminum frames. Especially with today’s market with people being more interested in aluminum and local production again, he could pull out of this tailspin with a move like that.

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
Don't like the hump on the toptube, head set area....

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
AntN wrote:
Don't like the hump on the toptube, head set area....
Yeah it is rather pronounced. I find the long looking head tube more unappealing

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
J1BB wrote:
Anyone else see the HT on Jeff Stebers instagram?
Would love for a raw frame to go into production

Too bad the boss he hired for himself probably won’t let him make it.

He should go the Geometron & Nicolai route and just go back to producing locally made high end aluminum frames. Especially with today’s market with people being more interested in aluminum and local production again, he could pull out of this tailspin with a move like that.

Bruh when they reused the Tazer name on an e-bike I knew it was over

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 8:02 Quote
crs-one wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
J1BB wrote:
Anyone else see the HT on Jeff Stebers instagram?
Would love for a raw frame to go into production

Too bad the boss he hired for himself probably won’t let him make it.

He should go the Geometron & Nicolai route and just go back to producing locally made high end aluminum frames. Especially with today’s market with people being more interested in aluminum and local production again, he could pull out of this tailspin with a move like that.

Bruh when they reused the Tazer name on an e-bike I knew it was over

Oh boy, I totally forgot about that. Facepalm

Thanks for reminding me (I guess).

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
justm wrote:
edsleadsleds1 wrote:
justm wrote:
The diamondback 4cross are fun bikes, got a frame last year for $300 and built it up for jumps and the pump track. Here it is set up for a bit of trail as well.

Currently have it with a 2.1 back and 2.3 front tire. I want a bit custom with a 110mm fork and shorter shock for around 85mm for rear travel. wanted a lower bb and slacker HA.

Very nice do you remember the shock length and stroke length you used to shorten the back travel?

These are great 4X bikes. I have one for sale if anyone's looking.

Stock is 165mm x 38mm, I went down to a 152x31 that I had laying around.

Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
Short travel recluse
My 4x / urban assault build

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 2:48 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/More-Bent-Hangers/album/Dreamliner/?directtofirstphoto
finally built up the bike in time for a chainless race on a flow trail on the 5th


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.103392
Mobile Version of Website