Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
I put a 36 on the my jump/fun bike. The white fork looks nice with the frame.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
seraph wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I just about bought a cheap SJ ST frame for this same project but decided it would be another project I'd never finish.

That's my same thought. I'm better off getting a cheap alloy DJ frame and refurbishing an old 26" fork off Buy Sell.

I already have the super lightweight Yeti DJ, so a 4x bike would be a totally useless project.

BLASPHEMER!!

No bike project is ever useless......only fun.

And plus....N+1 rule is always in play

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
Yeah think tactically swan.

It's a relatively light low seat 26" bike. You're ACTUALLY building it for your kids to grow into, you're just making sure it's dialed first

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 22:24 Quote
I don't even have a trail bike right now. So a 4x bike is way down the list of N+1 bikes I need.

I do want to eventually get the kiddos racing BMX, but that's what my Yeti is for.. Maybe once I get to be over 30, I'll entertain a 4x style bike..

I am going to have a hard time letting them have the Yeti ever.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I don't even have a trail bike right now. So a 4x bike is way down the list of N+1 bikes I need.

I do want to eventually get the kiddos racing BMX, but that's what my Yeti is for.. Maybe once I get to be over 30, I'll entertain a 4x style bike..

No kidding. Those Yeti frames are like gold these days. Any chance you're willing to adopt me so I can get in on that action? Big Grin

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

Someone say Yeti?

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
Damn that 4X is overforked a bit Eek

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 18:30 Quote
AntN wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Someone say Yeti?

Yeah I know.. I have been looking for a decent priced 4x frame for years to match to my DJ. But my DJ isn't team colored. It's the black one with a tapered heatube.

It's pretty mean though. It's 21.3 lbs right now.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
AntN wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Someone say Yeti?

dayum just flexing on us Jail Drool

Wonder if anyone but Graves has those frames + the last production style DJ as well?

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 21:20 Quote
I super lust the newer tapered steering tube black yeti DJ. I don't think they made a 4x version though....

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 23:27 Quote
Yeah unfortunately the 4x never got revised similar to the ~09 Yeti DJ revamp. My local pump track has alot of sick hardtails at our weekly session both from the peak 4X era to more modern stuff. I need to get some shots of them all one night to upload here. Everything from Orange Ms Isle's to modern Rampages with everything in between

Unsure if I shared this or not since going to regular (non tan wall) tyres... Love this thing!

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 0:43 Quote
hayden4x wrote:
Yeah unfortunately the 4x never got revised similar to the ~09 Yeti DJ revamp. My local pump track has alot of sick hardtails at our weekly session both from the peak 4X era to more modern stuff. I need to get some shots of them all one night to upload here. Everything from Orange Ms Isle's to modern Rampages with everything in between

Unsure if I shared this or not since going to regular (non tan wall) tyres... Love this thing!

What days are these on and which one, Bracken Ridge or Darra?

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 0:42 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
AntN wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Someone say Yeti?

Wonder if anyone but Graves has those frames + the last production style DJ as well?

I have had my hands on a small 4x and a small team colored DJ.. I need larges in both, I couldn't bring myself to even bother building up those frames when I am 6'3.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 2:18 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
AntN wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Someone say Yeti?

One of my mates has Grubbys old Yeti HT (well, a number of Grubbys old bikes actually). I can say that his 4X Worlds bike is one of them. Absolute beast of a bike and stiff AF.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
crs-one wrote:
Yeah think tactically swan.

It's a relatively light low seat 26" bike. You're ACTUALLY building it for your kids to grow into, you're just making sure it's dialed first

You sir, are a genious! Salute

...or married Wink

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013104
Mobile Version of Website