So epic!

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 12:54 Quote
crs-one wrote:
titebuttsdrivemenuts wrote:
My intense tazer fs finally finished up. So far sooooooo good

intense tazer fs
intense tazer fs. looks fast as hell sitting still

Love it dude. What are the specs on that bad boy?

kona stuff

I had a Kona stuff built up for pump track type riding and the occasional bmx track visit. Rear seal on the formula oro brakes I had started leaking so I didn't ride the bike for a while since I couldn't find the necessary seal. Then along came the intense tazer on facebook marketplace for a whopping 150$. I bought it, removed all the parts to use for future projects, overhauled the frame and then swapped over the parts from my Kona without any issues. The Kona was 25.3 lbs. Intense seems to be just a little heavier and I will get the weight of it soon.

Parts are as follows:

xfusion velvet rl2 fork lowered to 100mm
push tuned rockshox monarch rt
cane creek ten headset
nukeproof neutron bar 35mm rise 800mm wide
intense stem 45mm
box one odi grips
shimano deore xt m765 brakes, until I find piston seals for my formula oro k24s
ashima ai2 160mm rotors
shimano deore xt m760 cranks 170mm
currently shimano pd m424 clip pedals
DM3 carbon chain guide
KMC x10sl hollow chain
32 tooth front chainring, 6 speed rear with 17 to 11 cogs
slx ten speed shifter, dura ace rd 7800 derailleur
selle italia slr seat on raceface post
wheels I built for the time being until mavic deemaxs come up for sale some day
26 inch nukeproof generator hoops, koozer xm490 gold hubs from amazon, sapim spokes, wheelsmith gold nipples
maxxis minion 2.35 front and ardent race 2.25 rear

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 5:39 Quote
crs-one wrote:

intense tazer fs

Love it dude. What are the specs on that bad boy?

kona stuff

I had a Kona stuff built up for pump track type riding and the occasional bmx track visit. Rear seal on the formula oro brakes I had started leaking so I didn't ride the bike for a while since I couldn't find the necessary seal. Then along came the intense tazer on facebook marketplace for a whopping 150$. I bought it, removed all the parts to use for future projects, overhauled the frame and then swapped over the parts from my Kona without any issues. The Kona was 25.3 lbs. Intense seems to be just a little heavier and I will get the weight of it soon.

Parts are as follows:

xfusion velvet rl2 fork lowered to 100mm
push tuned rockshox monarch rt
cane creek ten headset
nukeproof neutron bar 35mm rise 800mm wide
intense stem 45mm
box one odi grips
shimano deore xt m765 brakes, until I find piston seals for my formula oro k24s
ashima ai2 160mm rotors
shimano deore xt m760 cranks 170mm
currently shimano pd m424 clip pedals
DM3 carbon chain guide
KMC x10sl hollow chain
32 tooth front chainring, 6 speed rear with 17 to 11 cogs
slx ten speed shifter, dura ace rd 7800 derailleur
selle italia slr seat on raceface post
wheels I built for the time being until mavic deemaxs come up for sale some day
26 inch nukeproof generator hoops, koozer xm490 gold hubs from amazon, sapim spokes, wheelsmith gold nipples
maxxis minion 2.35 front and ardent race 2.25 rear

Waot, what? 150 USD? For frame and shock or was it a complete bike? Either way, score of the century

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
seraph wrote:
Some day someone on BuySell will have a frame for $500 and I'll snatch it up. Still my dream bike.

As much of a Intense fan Boi as I am with all my M1/M3/M9 builds.. The tazer FS has always looked weird to me. The super slack seatube always didn't settle right with me.. I still absolutely would love to have one and build it up, but my deam 4x build is still a Yeti 4x or one of the old Specialized SXs.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Some day someone on BuySell will have a frame for $500 and I'll snatch it up. Still my dream bike.

As much of a Intense fan Boi as I am with all my M1/M3/M9 builds.. The tazer FS has always looked weird to me. The super slack seatube always didn't settle right with me.. I still absolutely would love to have one and build it up, but my deam 4x build is still a Yeti 4x or one of the old Specialized SXs.

I agree it definitely is slack and a lot different looking than some slalom frames. But super cool for the time and still looks crazy today.

also here is a sx for sale: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3220479/

intense tazer vp for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274658458141?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D80972a80ed984f978fbeb89efafa60ea%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D274658458141%26itm%3D274658458141%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A82422d09-8aa3-11ec-9821-cac91e29db96%7Cparentrq%3Ae500c92817e0aaf60b0a092dfffd07fa%7Ciid%3A1

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 12:21 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
seraph wrote:

The Yeti 4x even the long frame is just so short... I hit my knees on the bars peddling... they do make a great "missus bike" though... great excuse to build one.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 19:17 Quote
AntN wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
seraph wrote:

The Yeti 4x even the long frame is just so short... I hit my knees on the bars peddling... they do make a great "missus bike" though... great excuse to build one.

Yeah I know the 4x frames are tiny. I really just want one to go with my DJ like you have.. I also have an ASR7 in the team color paint, so a 4x would be a cool conversation piece.

And my missus has a Levo.. So not going to get away building a 4x up for her. lol

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 1:30 Quote

intense tazer fs

Oh I am touching myself tonight after looking at this.

I just scored an 09 Commencal Absolut 4X frame for $30 off market place.....someone threw it out for curbside collection and a guy picked it up. Tried to tell me it will only accept 20" wheels lol. Now on the hunt for period correct parts to build it up, all I have on it so far is a a DMR tensioner and some crappy SR Suntour cranks.

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 4:00 Quote
AntN wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Compared to other 4X frames it did not ride very nice either. The DJ frame was great, the 4X not so much, although the first one, the special projects one rode better than the newer ones

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
constantly-broken wrote:

intense tazer fs

Oh I am touching myself tonight after looking at this.

I just scored an 09 Commencal Absolut 4X frame for $30 off market place.....someone threw it out for curbside collection and a guy picked it up. Tried to tell me it will only accept 20" wheels lol. Now on the hunt for period correct parts to build it up, all I have on it so far is a a DMR tensioner and some crappy SR Suntour cranks.

Wow that’s a major score. Can’t wait to see that build

Posted: Feb 23, 2022 at 3:50 Quote
photo
Dartmoor Phantom 4x
Fairly old school bike I’ve recently built up.
Picked this Dartmoor frame up on here after cracking my 07 Azonic Evo II.
Had it powder coated in a pearl purple with a satin finish, custom decals from SGD.
Features;
09 rockshox Pikes
Mavic deetrak wheelset
Maxxis Minion F front
Maxxis Highroller II rear
Hope mini brakes f&r
Raceface diabolus crankset
E13 chaindevice
SRAM X9 9 speed drivetrain
Raceface turbine R stem
Renthal fatbar carbon 20mm rise
DMR deathgrips
Fabric seat
Raceface Chester seatpost
DMR seat clamp

I use it for dirt jumps/bike parks but really want to do some more 4x tracks.

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 1:52 Quote
New reactor build for this seasons 4x……full specs and close ups to follow over at Amped Cycleworx Facebook and insta!

photo

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
pedaladdictioncollective wrote:
New reactor build for this seasons 4x……full specs and close ups to follow over at Amped Cycleworx Facebook and insta!

photo

Insane! The reactors look like a perfect 4X setup

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 22:43 Quote
pedaladdictioncollective wrote:

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.584547
Mobile Version of Website