Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 14:08 Quote

I am glad it is overpriced compared to what ai paid for my previous sx frames, otherwise I would have asked if he ships to Europe. Ot has a fair amount of scratched, on disc side chainstay etc underside, maybe some deep cable rub too, hard to tell from the pic.

But man those are such nice frames to ride

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 15:11 Quote
I know, I would love to have one but almost a grand for a frame is too much for me right now. Especially since there's technically nothing wrong with my DMR. But I have been craving another FS 4X bike recently.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 15:29 Quote
seraph wrote:
I know, I would love to have one but almost a grand for a frame is too much for me right now. Especially since there's technically nothing wrong with my DMR. But I have been craving another FS 4X bike recently.
Its only a matter of time haha. I'm ready and waiting for your next FS 4X build

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 0:56 Quote
Selling my enduro SX frame is still something I regret so badly! Was at uni (Equivalent of college for those over the pond) and just didn't have the space for another bike, needed the money and didn't have the time to ride anyway unfortuantely.

Currently looking to build up a 27.5 4x/play bike though now that I've got the space, time & money again, looking at a hawk hill, meta tr (slightly older ones in 27.5) or stumpjumper ST.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 6:20 Quote
Having ridden my friend's Hawk Hill you might want to take that off the table if you know how fun a SX is. Not a bad bike, but idk something about the geo just felt a little dead to me. And it could have just been the stock build on the HH1...but for a 120mm frame it was a HEAVY build (even with a lighter fork than stock). If you could find a 27.5 Trek Fuel or Fuel Ex that was a surprisingly nimble and playful feeling platform.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 6:28 Quote
I'd add the Salsa Rustler to the list. Short back end, reasonable reach, high BB, and from my experience very easy to throw around.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 7:36 Quote
The Kona Process 134 DL 27.5 has some good numbers, including pretty short stays and a medium head angle. And it's available as an alloy frame only.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Having ridden my friend's Hawk Hill you might want to take that off the table if you know how fun a SX is. Not a bad bike, but idk something about the geo just felt a little dead to me. And it could have just been the stock build on the HH1...but for a 120mm frame it was a HEAVY build (even with a lighter fork than stock). If you could find a 27.5 Trek Fuel or Fuel Ex that was a surprisingly nimble and playful feeling platform.

I’ve ridden a hawk hill before and actually really liked it and found it really playful which is why it’s on my list tbf. My SX was actually less playful that the hawk hill I rode but that might just have been because my SX was the long frame and it was just quite stable/low. Perfect for fast stuff and big jumps but didn’t feel as fun as I’d like for a play bike.

Cheers for the other frame recommendations guys, will keep an eye out

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 16:23 Quote
Anyone have experience using a BSA shell to 30mm crank combination?
Racing or general riding

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 17:08 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Racing or general riding

Yeah, I have that setup currently on my DMR. I use a RaceFace Turbine Cinch crank and a BSA Cinch bottom bracket. I also have an E.13 TRSr on my MTB with a threaded BSA bottom bracket.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 5:47 Quote
Ok who bought the speci enduro sx frame that was posted?

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
seraph wrote:
J1BB wrote:
Racing or general riding

Yeah, I have that setup currently on my DMR. I use a RaceFace Turbine Cinch crank and a BSA Cinch bottom bracket. I also have an E.13 TRSr on my MTB with a threaded BSA bottom bracket.

Do you feel any flex or do you find the combo stiff enough?

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
J1BB wrote:
seraph wrote:
J1BB wrote:
Racing or general riding

Do you feel any flex or do you find the combo stiff enough?

I had shimano 24mm cranks on there for a while, swapped out for 30mm Raceface carbon for about a month, went back to the Shimano recently. Didn't notice any difference to flex, did notice the difference in shape/Q-factor.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011248
Mobile Version of Website