NEW FORKS! What to get?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
NEW FORKS! What to get?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 3:39 Quote
I'm looking for a new pair of forks for my bike after a local bike shop over tightened the axle bolts on my manitou jump series two's and snapped them.

I ride mainly street, park and dirt. And i have a Cannodale chase.

I'm not looking to spend over £300 really.

I was looking at DJ1's and another pair of jump series.

I like a lighter front end so i'm not to sure about the DJ1's

Any advice on what to get?

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 3:53 Quote
i hope you asked the bikeshop to give you money or something. theres a bike shop that i went to a few times and dont anymore that f*cked my bike over every single time i went to it. they broke my seatbolt and my floating brake and i took my break in to get bled and they went and put 300 bucks worth of parts into it and then wouldnt give my break back because i didnt want to pay for the parts i didnt need. oh yeah and for forks id go with rockshox's or marzocchi's. if you wanted to spend more, the marz 4x fork seems to be pretty damn good.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 4:39 Quote
get a gold labal

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 5:06 Quote
The reason i took it to the shop was because i needed the front wheel trueing. When i got back they had fixed the wheel but pointed out the broke fork. I hadnt done it because i had been riding that morning and it was fine. And the only way you could break that part of the fork is by over tighterning. But they denied breaking it so there was nothink i could do.

I loved those forks aswell, so i think i might have too get an 2008 pair

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 21:28 Quote
id say get either a rock shox argyle or manitou gold label/
gold labels have the lighter front end

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 21:35 Quote
rockshox argyle 318

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 7:59 Quote
scottthedjking wrote:
argyle 409

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 10:23 Quote
mtbdarren wrote:
rockshox argyle 318

darren im gonna kick your forks tomorrow just for saying that

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 11:20 Quote
Most of you say the rockshox's.

Why?

Are they that much better than DJ1's or Gold Label's?

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 11:35 Quote
sew,sew,sew! get your friends and family that can vouch for you when you say it was fine when you brought it in, then get them to make the shop replace them.if they still refuse, give them bad publicity lol. and the argyles are a great fork as with the gl. and were all saying argyles cus they rock. there cheap, look nice, ride realy nice, they are adjustable,and dont break. plus with the maxle system you'll have no worries of over tightening and snapping

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 11:53 Quote
i like the new 2008 DJ line. anything should be beautiful.

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 12:37 Quote
Well the new gold labels for 08 are alittle bit lighter then last years but if you go for an 07 get a 409 argyle or an gold label 1. Overall you would be happy with either.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:57 Quote
2008 marzocchi 4x are amazing

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010302
Mobile Version of Website