wheres the younger generation gone?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
wheres the younger generation gone?
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 at 15:57 Quote
My local skatepark is crawling with the bastards

Posted: Mar 10, 2012 at 17:27 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/This+is+what+ruins+skateparks_0ec565_3414239.jpg

Posted: Mar 10, 2012 at 21:57 Quote
I just invested a lot of money on an am bike but I also like riding the much gnarlier stuff so I was looking for an "affordable" second bike in the fr/dh range. It's hard to find something new under 4000$ that doesnt have a sketchy spec or doesn't weight more than an anvil. I'm pretty sure that's what's keeping most kids away from the trails.

Our local dh hill is quite gnarly so you need a decent bike to ride there, the age average is probably 30 years old.

When you can get an xbox setup for 500$ don't wonder why so many kids are plugged on that shit instead of riding trails.

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 5:32 Quote
PLC07 wrote:
I just invested a lot of money on an am bike but I also like riding the much gnarlier stuff so I was looking for an "affordable" second bike in the fr/dh range. It's hard to find something new under 4000$ that doesnt have a sketchy spec or doesn't weight more than an anvil. I'm pretty sure that's what's keeping most kids away from the trails.

Our local dh hill is quite gnarly so you need a decent bike to ride there, the age average is probably 30 years old.

When you can get an xbox setup for 500$ don't wonder why so many kids are plugged on that shit instead of riding trails.
its surprisingly easy to get a dh bike now under 4000, rocky mountain, specialized, and a few others have quite affordable dh bikes

having older riders to ride with might also benefit you in some way because you could learn from them easier than from a kid

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 7:00 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
PLC07 wrote:

its surprisingly easy to get a dh bike now under 4000, rocky mountain, specialized, and a few others have quite affordable dh bikes

having older riders to ride with might also benefit you in some way because you could learn from them easier than from a kid

They're still 3000$ for the lowest spec. Ask the "younger generation" how surprisingly easy it is to come by 3000$. I know I didn't have that money back then and I also don't know many parents who can afford a bike worth that much for their kid either. Hell I used to find 250$ skateboards expensive when I was that age.

I don't think it's a coincidence that there are a lot more kids riding bmx and dj bikes.

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 10:39 Quote
I bike and I'm only 14

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 12:17 Quote
Used is the way forward. For £2500/$4000 CAD, you can get an insane DH bike.
Heres 2500 bikes, most of which are under 1000 Still a lot of money, but more accessible. Also, for £300, you can get a hardtail kitted out for downhill, a lid, kneepads, goggles, gloves and a set of allen keys and a bike book too, enough for a whole 1st riding season. 2 cents

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 18:00 Quote
as a kid you have to find ways to make money, cut grass or anything like that, i made over 2000$ last year in grass cutting alone

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 18:09 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
as a kid you have to find ways to make money, cut grass or anything like that, i made over 2000$ last year in grass cutting alone

yeah if you charge 10-20 bucks for every mow you can make bank mowing grass..

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 18:15 Quote
A-Nay3186 wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:

35 was the lowest price i had, it was sweet, i cut 3 yards

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 18:25 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
A-Nay3186 wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:

35 was the lowest price i had, it was sweet, i cut 3 yards

SHIT! hahah high rolla!

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 9:08 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
what about the kids that dont know about pinkbike? or ebay? or their parent wont let them buy second hand (mine wouldnt have done)? and saying a demo is tougher is BS, its a race bike, race bikes will be lighter, through using thinner tubing, meaning theyre more dent and damage prone. and having the best stuff straight away turns you into an ungrateful little shit, if you have to start on a crappy bike and slowly build up a better one, scraping money together (as i have for the last 5 years) then you really start to appreciate how good youve got it with even a half decent spec

Ohhhh +1000. I like to say this quote when I'm feelin low, it can instantly change my mood "Being rich is only realizing that it's all a facade" just clears my head of any negative thoughts and makes me want to shred on my bike.

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 9:26 Quote
Haha true that, had to go with what i got and i feel im a better person for it, akes you realise the worth of things more, rather than having it all on a plate and handed to you Razz

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 13:37 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
PLC07 wrote:

I have rode with people twice my age for the last 3 years that i have actually rode bikes properly (not just using them to get from a to b) and i believe that it has helped me develop quicker than riding with people my age. I also ride with people my age alot too and recently one lad has started riding recently with us who is my age and he has come on leaps and bounds in 6 months he has acomplished what would take lots of people years to overcome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017591
Mobile Version of Website