I want to know the most expensive bike part that you have ever "totaled"

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
I want to know the most expensive bike part that you have ever "totaled"
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
magicaltrevor wrote:
photo

i wanted to do it for him,i just learned how 2 today,lol

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
I exploded a double track because I forgot to tight some of the spokes before doing a 5' drop to flat, it was really loud! I also have a totaled sherman breakout, because some idiot tried to do something(unclear what) to it by placing ~5 washers in each lower! They weren't even the right size and now it has to be rebuilt.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
-sartom- wrote:
I exploded a double track because I forgot to tight some of the spokes before doing a 5' drop to flat, it was really loud! I also have a totaled sherman breakout, because some idiot tried to do something(unclear what) to it by placing ~5 washers in each lower! They weren't even the right size and now it has to be rebuilt.

buddy did same thing, but wheel was true!!!, he no longer rides double tracks, it sounded like a shotgun going off, he cracked it along the seam..it was just a little 15ft double and a BAD case..i once went off a little 8 foot drop and someone put a rock in the tranny, i nose cased the rock and totalled my brake lever on my avid carbon, had to replace it..i HATE kids who ruin jumps for fun

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
I sheared the headtube off of a 2005 Kona Stinky. I also had a DHX 3.0 explode into 2 peices while I preloaded the spring. Other than that, I seem to be good at breaking rear hubs, specifically, mid range shimano's.

~Mark

Mod
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
2005 RM Flow frame, another frame, couple forks, Shimano hubs, rims, chains Frown I'm a bit hard on my bikes.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
the most expensive thing i ever destroyed was a bmx

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
dmadness wrote:
The rmx, I went off of a jump and was way too far back so I kinda did the opposite of an endo and landed Right on the Rear tire with the front Pretty much straight up, Bruised the hell outta my tailbone, Luckily no broken anything...excepth the frame, It kinda did a super pogo Jump after the impact and a couople of flips and In the End .. brocken pivot on the Drive side.

motocross guys refer to that as a boner air!

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
great stufff!!! keep it comin

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
-sartom- wrote:
thats sad,ive done 5 feet to flat on dm24's,single tracks and they are still holding up tough

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
oo! i gots another one,,1 i took my bike to the bike hsop for a tune up, knew the axle was broke, turned out it was broke it 7 places

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
backflip101 wrote:
oo! i gots another one,,1 i took my bike to the bike hsop for a tune up, knew the axle was broke, turned out it was broke it 7 places
hahah thats wierd

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 13:53 Quote
well i dont wreck much cuz i go with the beefy stuff but before i got my norco- i snapped my gt aggressor- see my photos for pics of the frame before it snapped

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
jamisbowtech wrote:
damn how did you do that!???
i thought i was sam hill hahahahah no but really i hit a 31ft drop and over shot the lading a little and just f*cked my self it was horrible but i only got the wind knocked out of me and a mild concussion hence the stem hitting me in the head probely should have worn a helmet wont make that mistake again luckly i came out of it without being seriously injured

i smell bull shit lol the only bike pic u have in ur album is some iron horse which is definately not a sunday...

i snapped a giant ac in half at the seat tube tho, thats about as bad as ive totaled

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
i bent my headtube on my sx..steer tube front rim cracked in half
bullitvt wrote:
dhrider1234567 wrote:
jamisbowtech wrote:
damn how did you do that!???
i thought i was sam hill hahahahah no but really i hit a 31ft drop and over shot the lading a little and just f*cked my self it was horrible but i only got the wind knocked out of me and a mild concussion hence the stem hitting me in the head probely should have worn a helmet wont make that mistake again luckly i came out of it without being seriously injured

i smell bull shit lol the only bike pic u have in ur album is some iron horse which is definately not a sunday...

i snapped a giant ac in half at the seat tube tho, thats about as bad as ive totaled

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
rocker arm on a tazer, fox vanilla, my leg,two single track rims, and a seat post

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018561
Mobile Version of Website