Ulnar Nerve

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 11:06 Quote
So, I've had sore pinky fingers for a couple weeks now, coupled with some tingling/numbness (after rides). After reading about the issue went to an orthopedic surgeon, and subsequently got nerve testing done. The results came back negative for Nerve Damage or compression on the nerve, BUT the doctor advised that I cease riding permanently to avoid as he states inevitable nerve damage.

I've have a complete understanding of adjustments I may be able to make to my rig to counteract this pain. As many of you probably understand giving up riding isn't really an option in my book. I am most certainly going to get a second opinion. My question is, is do I take the doctors advice to QUIT RIDING mountain bikes?? from what I've read it seems this is a common injury/issue. Can anyone who has dealt or dealing with Ulnar Nerve pain chime in??

Again the nerve results showed no damage or compression of the Nerve at this point, Nonetheless after hearing my Doctor's recommendation I felt like a kid who's puppy died.

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 at 15:40 Quote
See if you can find a massage therapist that's reputable. He/she should be able to find the source of compression and show you how to diminish it's effects.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007929
Mobile Version of Website