140/150mm norco sight for enduro

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
140/150mm norco sight for enduro
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 21:51 Quote
I'm in the market for a new bike and I was going for a canyon strive (160) but thinking about it I don't really miss slugging around my old 160 enduro sled and was thinking of a more pop bike like the carbon norco sight with 140 rear travel and 150 front. Problem is that I do a lot of rough steep stuff whilst at university which I'm worried it won't hold up on but when back home I ride a lot of hard packed trails with jumps and berms everywhere so I'm torn on if to go with the canyon or sight, any help?

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 7:00 Quote
I have a 2016 7.2C Sight. I just came off a 2015 Reign. I was going to write a whole comparison and whatever but just get the sight. Its just a fantastic bike. If you are ever intending to point your bike up a hill and seek any enjoyment out of the climb get the carbon sight instead.

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 13:11 Quote
A bike that you may want to take a look at is the Rocky Mountain Altitude. I believe it would suit your intended uses quite well. I own a 2015 750 msl. Very playful efficient bike that leaves me with no concerns about its capability or durability. Also the ride 9 system makes a big difference in tuning the bikes geometry and suspension for the type of terrain you'll be riding. check out this link:

http://www.bikemag.com/gear/bikes/review-rocky-mountain-altitude-770-msl/#YVZVxLIDok4yjrdG.97

However if you are set on the two bikes you mentioned, I've never gotten my hands on a canyon but I did P lot test a carbon sight. It is a very well pedaling bike from what I can remember.

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 19:43 Quote
I love my sight ( with a 150 pike up front ), for going up and coming down. The only issue I would have in the UK is any warranty stuff might take longer than Canyon (? )
Either way, we always assume we need more travel than we actually do. Big Grin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024216
Mobile Version of Website