2016 Giant Reign Suspension Bearings

PB Forum :: Giant
2016 Giant Reign Suspension Bearings
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 18:57 Quote
Bennyanderson wrote:
lucho8486 wrote:
Wizeartz wrote:

Did you sort this? Mine's apart right now, I can look tonight and take a picture for you?

I have the same question. I think when I last disassembled mine I must have put the washers/spacers in incorrectly. Pictures would be great!

I have the same question! I just took the two bolts of the rear linkage apart (the bolts closest to the rear tire on the rear upper linkage) and I believe I saw two washers/spacers fall out of the left side (if you are sitting on the bike) the link to the PDF is great, except the MY16 Reign is super blurry! All of the other bikes are fine haha! I believe it is just one spacer on each side (placed between linkage and the rear triangle) but I wanted to see if anyone else can help. Thanks!

I've run into the same problem and appreciate the PDF being posted but the Reign is almost unreadable. Could anyone tell me if I have this correct? I have two spacers + 2 washers on the lower shock bolt (I know the spacers and washers should be reversed), 2 washers on the upper shock bolt, and no washers on the center pivot bolt. I think what is confusing me is there were no spacers on the center pivot bolt to go against the inside surface of the bearing.

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
PM me your email and I can send you a PDF with the torque settings. Or if somebody posts how to attach it to a reply I will just posted in this thread.

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
saddleman wrote:
Bennyanderson wrote:
lucho8486 wrote:

I have the same question. I think when I last disassembled mine I must have put the washers/spacers in incorrectly. Pictures would be great!

I have the same question! I just took the two bolts of the rear linkage apart (the bolts closest to the rear tire on the rear upper linkage) and I believe I saw two washers/spacers fall out of the left side (if you are sitting on the bike) the link to the PDF is great, except the MY16 Reign is super blurry! All of the other bikes are fine haha! I believe it is just one spacer on each side (placed between linkage and the rear triangle) but I wanted to see if anyone else can help. Thanks!

I've run into the same problem and appreciate the PDF being posted but the Reign is almost unreadable. Could anyone tell me if I have this correct? I have two spacers + 2 washers on the lower shock bolt (I know the spacers and washers should be reversed), 2 washers on the upper shock bolt, and no washers on the center pivot bolt. I think what is confusing me is there were no spacers on the center pivot bolt to go against the inside surface of the bearing.

Top is correct, bottom is not. The black spacers go inboard (closest to shock eye) and the metal washers go against the bearing. If you just go up one image from the reign the setup for the glory (page 16) is the exact same as far as order is concerned. The parts you have wrong are 9-4 and the black spacers are 9-1. Spacers go against the shock eyelet and the metal washers sit between the bearing face and the black spacers.

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 5:25 Quote
b0ing wrote:
Thanks lucho8486. Would anyone have the Giant PDF with torque settings for the bolts too for a 2016 Advanced? I've emailed Giant but not getting any response from them.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 23:42 Quote
lucho8486 wrote:
b0ing wrote:
Thanks lucho8486. Would anyone have the Giant PDF with torque settings for the bolts too for a 2016 Advanced? I've emailed Giant but not getting any response from them.

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009258
Mobile Version of Website