Powered by Outside

Waterloo Hydrocut

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Waterloo Hydrocut
O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 19:05 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
You waited till the last second to crash....pshhh.. You just wanted us to watch the whole vid.

Heh heh caught me..

Really though, such an unfortunate spot to go down

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 19:30 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
vr6ix wrote:

Trail work this Saturday morning, too: http://thehydrocut.ca/archives/40471

They did some nice work on Kaitlyn’s and Rockin Ronnie. The berms on Kaitlin’s are all cleaned up and they put a small jump in just after the exit for the last berm. Angle your approach so you land to the right though, otherwise you will land on another rock feature. tup
Rode it today. That is not a jump, it's just a mound of dirt. The berm is nice. I checked out Godzilla and no work has been done.... Im wondering what the story on that is.

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 4:15 Quote
Anyone been able to ride Deevo (the new trail being constructed) yet? I'm curious what that's like.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 6:39 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
vr6ix wrote:

Trail work this Saturday morning, too: http://thehydrocut.ca/archives/40471

They did some nice work on Kaitlyn’s and Rockin Ronnie. The berms on Kaitlin’s are all cleaned up and they put a small jump in just after the exit for the last berm. Angle your approach so you land to the right though, otherwise you will land on another rock feature. tup
Rode it today. That is not a jump, it's just a mound of dirt. The berm is nice. I checked out Godzilla and no work has been done.... Im wondering what the story on that is.

Not a jump by bike park standards, but it had a little lip when it was new. Maybe got worn down by people rolling over it. Frown

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 6:41 Quote
Mattock4130 wrote:
Anyone been able to ride Deevo (the new trail being constructed) yet? I'm curious what that's like.

The bottom half needs a lot of work as it is very wet, I think one of the big upcoming projects is to build a boardwalk for the exit. Top half they have built some berms and rollers, but not fair to judge the trail at this point.

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 8:34 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
Top half they have built some berms and rollers.

What are they like? Board walk is board walk. The other stuff is all I'm curious about.

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 9:20 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:

Not a jump by bike park standards, but it had a little lip when it was new. Maybe got worn down by people rolling over it. Frown
You can jump it but there is no landing (no downward grade or built up landing) you just land to flat.

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 16:18 Quote
Who wants to land flat not me. I dont like wtecking my bike or breaking bones in my feet or ankles

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 16:46 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
You can jump it but there is no landing (no downward grade or built up landing) you just land to flat.

I mean there was a mini ex there ffs. Was there a "foot loose" situation in Kitchener with landing transitions that I'm unaware of?... Why do they hate them so much?...

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 17:31 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
inverted180 wrote:

I hear you, the landing is flat. And into a big rock if you don’t angle it right. Better than nothing though.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 17:32 Quote
Mattock4130 wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:

What are they like? Board walk is board walk. The other stuff is all I'm curious about.

Nothing super exciting at this point, but like I said the trail is nowhere close to being finished so I don’t think it would be fair to judge.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 4:52 Quote
There has been a lot of work done there, apparently, since I last was there so I'll have to check it out next year. Hope the Halloween ride was a scary blast!

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
Mattock4130 wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:

Nothing super exciting at this point, but like I said the trail is nowhere close to being finished so I don’t think it would be fair to judge.

They have another trail day coming up so hopefully it'll involve that trail. There is a video on the facebook page showing them test one of the jumps.

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 11:28 Quote
Lets finish the job , its funny they do tons of work on the trails ,changing good trails all the time thats not nessary , building a bunch of stuff , but they wont fix the rock drop to berm right on stinky girl , its been blown out for a year and a half !!!

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
How is it blown out? I mean I hate that you have to be right on the brakes after hitting that rock to make that turn but from my memory it was always that way. They would have to berm out something special for me to make that turn brakeless. Could be cool though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024743
Mobile Version of Website