Powered by Outside

Waterloo Hydrocut

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Waterloo Hydrocut
O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
How is it blown out? I mean I hate that you have to be right on the brakes after hitting that rock to make that turn but from my memory it was always that way. They would have to berm out something special for me to make that turn brakeless. Could be cool though.

I almost didn't make the turn last time through. Razz

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 14:56 Quote
Decendent wrote:
Lets finish the job , its funny they do tons of work on the trails ,changing good trails all the time thats not nessary , building a bunch of stuff , but they wont fix the rock drop to berm right on stinky girl , its been blown out for a year and a half !!!

That corner is the worst, my buddy went off the trail and had to get a new rear rim.

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 17:15 Quote
Ya cause its all blown out i dont even ride off the rock cause u need that berm to turn i go around the rock But lets built a hole bunch if new trail extentions ?!?!?!?

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 17:33 Quote
Decendent wrote:
But lets built a hole bunch if new trail extentions ?!?!?!?

Don't be too negative... you also got a shirt and a cake ;p

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 13:46 Quote
Decendent wrote:
Ya cause its all blown out i dont even ride off the rock cause u need that berm to turn i go around the rock But lets built a hole bunch if new trail extentions ?!?!?!?

The sections they fixed did need a lot of work, the berm was completely destroyed and that section on ronnies they added the extension was a shit show, so i'm glad they did that first.

Hopefully some fixing up of stinky girl is next.

Hydrocut crew works hard, my local Toronto trails maybe have 3 or 4 of us that "work" on them.

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 17:16 Quote
I know they do just given them a hard time

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 18:02 Quote
It's like any trail system with a volunteer trail crew: there's a list a mile long of stuff they want to do, but man-hours and priorities are king. I wish Woodstock got as many people to show-up back when us The Berm Donors were going to town on the place lol

I should be there on Saturday. Couldn't make the previous Trail Day and I've got some TWB growlers that need filling. On the fence about bringing a bike out due to the weather...

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 18:50 Quote
The hydro cut is the best trail network in southren on for sure

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 19:25 Quote
kudos to any body donating time to the trails....

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 21:42 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
kudos to any body donating time to the trails....

Agreed. Lots of good natured complaints about this place but every time this out of towner goes there I'm treated with something new. Can't say the same for my more regular spots by a long shot.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 7:56 Quote
I always tell people we are spoiled to have a trail network as good and as well maintained as the Hydrocut in our backyard.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 3:25 Quote
Decendent wrote:
Lets finish the job , its funny they do tons of work on the trails ,changing good trails all the time thats not nessary , building a bunch of stuff , but they wont fix the rock drop to berm right on stinky girl , its been blown out for a year and a half !!!

The water damaged trails near the entrance were prioritized for trailday work. They really needed to be fixed. The jump put in there with the rock landing was never intended, it is here to put in a culvert to prevent more water damage. But if you have a big pile of dirt over a culvert and a lot of speed coming out of the new berm why not make it something where you can have a bit of fun. So it was given a bit of a lip at the last minute - this was cleaned up and shaped a bit yesterday.

I would say you either hit the lip and land to the right or roll the culvert then do the rocks to the left. You can do both if you want to but will be a bit tricky.

I know the exact rock drop and berm you are talking about on Stinky. I have ridden it hundreds of times and can do the drop and berm with no issues. Some points though:

- read the accident report and thanks to the guys who submitted it. sorry it ate your wheel
- most hydrocut riders avoid this feature
- it is a typical hydrocut odd feature and it hasn't blown out it was just built that way
- it needs to be fixed!
- it IS on the list of things to be fixed ( probably extend the landing and new turn further down )
- many other things like this are also on the list like the rocks with the small uphill berm on Adam's, the top corner on the last downhill on Frankenstein, ...

Send an email to info@thehydrocut.ca and sign up for the volunteer Trail Crew who go out and fix these things.

P.S. Yes Deevo is delayed but not forgotten!

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 3:29 Quote
vr6ix wrote:
It's like any trail system with a volunteer trail crew: there's a list a mile long of stuff they want to do, but man-hours and priorities are king. I wish Woodstock got as many people to show-up back when us The Berm Donors were going to town on the place lol

I should be there on Saturday. Couldn't make the previous Trail Day and I've got some TWB growlers that need filling. On the fence about bringing a bike out due to the weather...

Thanks for coming out!!!!

The weather was iffy but you should have brought a bike. Drop us a line some time and come visit for a ride day instead of a build day. Always up for a ride and maybe some growlers.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 5:25 Quote
Is there a donation box at the glassgow side of the hydros. Ididnt see one yet i ve been using the synders side one

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 15:45 Quote
Decendent wrote:
Is there a donation box at the glassgow side of the hydros. Ididnt see one yet i ve been using the synders side one

Yeah there is one there beside the trail map as well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033504
Mobile Version of Website