Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: May 12, 2014 at 17:36 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
thekayo wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:
I'm pretty sure your local mtb club had nothing to do with jumps/trails being built or torn down on private land.

Just a hunch.
they took down dreamland private land or not

my guess is there was a very good reason for it unless you are saying your local bike club hates biking. Get involved with them and chances are you will here why these things happen.
they had no reason. They are just dicks

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 17:48 Quote
rider1999 wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
thekayo wrote:

my guess is there was a very good reason for it unless you are saying your local bike club hates biking. Get involved with them and chances are you will here why these things happen.

14 year old reasoning.. sigh.

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 18:26 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
rider1999 wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

14 year old reasoning.. sigh.
My reasoning is correct and I know many people have the same reasoning. Oh and they are over 14 so 39 year old reasoning..sigh.

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 18:39 Quote
I remember back when the scene was tight here. I miss those days of the first few hundred pages. All the OG's are either hiding or long gone Frown

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 18:40 Quote
[Quote="Wes-Barber"]I remember back when the scene was tight here. I miss those days of the first few hundred pages. All the OG's are either hiding or long gone Frown [/Quote

if the last few posts are any indication there is a reason for it. some of the old guard are still around but just not on this forum. what some of these forums need is some harsh moderation.

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 18:42 Quote
[Quote="vernonjeff"]
Wes-Barber wrote:
I remember back when the scene was tight here. I miss those days of the first few hundred pages. All the OG's are either hiding or long gone Frown [/Quote

if the last few posts are any indication there is a reason for it. some of the old guard are still around but just not on this forum. what some of these forums need is some harsh moderation.

I've been lurking since about 4 years ago when everything died down and only within the last year its been like this. There never was the complaints before. A lot of people, adults AND kids don't understand what some of the guys went through to get MTBco going and what it got done for us. And yes I'm sure they got some of the cool spots "eliminated" but theres two sides to every story and im not touching either on that topics.

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 18:53 Quote
Rider1999,

Mtbco did not have dreamland ruined.
I know this rumour has been floating around for almost a year now but it's just that, a rumour.

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 18:54 Quote
[Quote="Wes-Barber"]
vernonjeff wrote:
Wes-Barber wrote:
I remember back when the scene was tight here. I miss those days of the first few hundred pages. All the OG's are either hiding or long gone Frown [/Quote

I've been lurking since about 4 years ago when everything died down and only within the last year its been like this. There never was the complaints before. A lot of people, adults AND kids don't understand what some of the guys went through to get MTBco going and what it got done for us. And yes I'm sure they got some of the cool spots "eliminated" but theres two sides to every story and im not touching either on that topics.
so we lost dreamland for some crappy bike park that is terrible and in rutland where the majority of people cant go everyday. The bike park is never in good condition or have good jumps. Why ruin perfectly good jumps to build some bad ones kids wont ride?

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 18:57 Quote
All pros who used to ride there before it got destroyed said it was mtbco so when 1 pro owns the land and the rest ride there all the time i think ill take what they said

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 18:57 Quote
[Quote="k-towntrailryder"]Rider1999,

Mtbco did not have dreamland ruined.
I know this rumour has been floating around for almost a year now but it's just that, a rumour.[/QuoteAll pros who used to ride there before it got destroyed said it was mtbco so when 1 pro owns the land and the rest ride there all the time i think ill take what they said

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 19:54 Quote
Holy shit there is a lot of politics! What happend to the days we built jumps, hit them and drank beer till the sun went down. Good times we had when there wasn't any orginizations, perfect trail builders, and governed trails. I guess times realy changed. Not saying mtbco hasn't done great things that we all appriciate, I think it makes the younger people who don't know how to build things properly, not want to go have fun and go use their imagination. If they do, we beat them up over it. Remember, we were all there once and maybe rather than rag on them, we can help and join them. Not everyone follows pinkbike and mtbco. Lets go ride bikes!

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 20:09 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
thekayo wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:
I'm pretty sure your local mtb club had nothing to do with jumps/trails being built or torn down on private land.

Just a hunch.

there was a reason for it the city was worried about getting sued.. they might have had reason but they should have tried there best to keep it and maybe turn it into the bike park.. i am involved i go to the agm meetings every year and they really dont do much

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 20:19 Quote
thekayo wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
thekayo wrote:

there was a reason for it the city was worried about getting sued.. they might have had reason but they should have tried there best to keep it and maybe turn it into the bike park.. i am involved i go to the agm meetings every year and they really dont do much
I agree dreamland would have been a perfect bike park and that's what I mean. They don't do much

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 20:38 Quote
rider1999 wrote:
thekayo wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

I agree dreamland would have been a perfect bike park and that's what I mean. They don't do much

i dont hate them.. they are good guys and they try to get stuff goin but they are just mtbers like us no different..

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018435
Mobile Version of Website